2015 MLB Season

thatshortguy

• 3 weeks later...

I had no problem with the Reds trading Chapman, seeing as how there's no way he'd re-sign when his contract runs out, when it looked like he'd be going to the Dodgers. Because that's my parents' favorite team. But fuck the Yankees. I don't get why they signed him, unless it was to stop other teams from doing so. However, it could end up being the Reds who got the better end of the deal. One of the pitchers they acquired has been phenomenal in the minors.

Chapman could be the next Mariano Rivera for the Yankees, but I really hope he tests free agency.....

However, if the domestic abuse charges against him are true, I hope his suspension ends up being a long one.

The Yankees traded for him, because with Chapman-Betances-Miller, if they go into the 7th inning with a lead, the chances of them losing will be very, very slim.

I think it was a good trade for both sides. It's hard to pull a "Fuck the Yankees" on this move, when they didn't spend out the ass for Greinke, Heyward, or Samardjzia like you would expect them to. But haters gon' hate.

I don't think Tanaka is bad. CC is well beyond his best years. Pineda is good, but I don't think he can go a whole year without getting hurt. Eovaldi is not bad for a #4 or #5. I have really high hopes for Severino though. That kid could be a beast.

But yeah, if one of them goes down for more than a couple weeks, be sure to toss your name in the bucket. We can let you pitch against the Orioles.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm kinda sad I wasn't on here last year to rejoice in what was a really fun Mets season.  When they traded for Cespedes on July 31st and then a few hours later Flores hit a walkoff HR against the Nats just days after crying on the field, I felt a sense of pure optimism about the Mets, which is something I hadn't felt since 2006 or so.  I really did feel like they were a team of destiny at that point.

Although the World Series featured three gutting losses I still don't think any of them hurt me to the extent that Game 7 of the 2006 NLCS did.  Nothing is a guarantee of course but I feel optimistic about them being able to get back to October from 2016-18 while they have all of their pitchers under contract.  At the same time though I recognize that the MLB playoffs are mostly random, so there's every chance that 2015 will end up being the only World Series they get to with this group.  But only time will tell I suppose.  I'm determined to just enjoy watching these guys pitch while I can.

Also really don't understand the amount of pessimism Mets fans have about this offseason.  I don't like the Wilpons at all but I don't see the point of criticizing them of being cheap when there really weren't that many players in free agency that would have been a real fit for the team, Cespedes included.  Loved what he did from August through mid-September and had a blast watching it, but he's an objectively terrible center fielder and streaky as hell.  Not a guy I want to give a multi-year deal to at all.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Bad News Busch said:

I'm kinda sad I wasn't on here last year to rejoice in what was a really fun Mets season.  When they traded for Cespedes on July 31st and then a few hours later Flores hit a walkoff HR against the Nats just days after crying on the field, I felt a sense of pure optimism about the Mets, which is something I hadn't felt since 2006 or so.  I really did feel like they were a team of destiny at that point.

Although the World Series featured three gutting losses I still don't think any of them hurt me to the extent that Game 7 of the 2006 NLCS did.  Nothing is a guarantee of course but I feel optimistic about them being able to get back to October from 2016-18 while they have all of their pitchers under contract.  At the same time though I recognize that the MLB playoffs are mostly random, so there's every chance that 2015 will end up being the only World Series they get to with this group.  But only time will tell I suppose.  I'm determined to just enjoy watching these guys pitch while I can.

Also really don't understand the amount of pessimism Mets fans have about this offseason.  I don't like the Wilpons at all but I don't see the point of criticizing them of being cheap when there really weren't that many players in free agency that would have been a real fit for the team, Cespedes included.  Loved what he did from August through mid-September and had a blast watching it, but he's an objectively terrible center fielder and streaky as hell.  Not a guy I want to give a multi-year deal to at all.

Blue Jays fans have been the same all off-season. We just had an amazing season, the best one in Toronto for 20 years. Within a few months of the season ending, everyone seemed frustrated. Does it suck that Anthopolous left? Yes. Is it kind of shitty to see Price in a Red Sox uniform? Yes. Are Jesse Chavez, Marco Estrada and JA Happ a pitching staff that will be feared? Probably not. But our offense was the best in the league last year and should be just as good, if not better. Hard not to be optimistic that it'll be another fun season. 

Everyone assumes part of that money is what they're trying to give to Cespedes. The offer was in the 5 year/$90 million range. Boras is marketing Davis as a corner outfielder and in no rush to have him sign a deal. Orioles, rightfully, don't want to sit around on that money until February. Unfortunately I'm not a big fan of that money going to Cespedes, if anything comes out of the contract offer.