lol, FIFA

When this whole thing started, he was forbidden from leaving Switzerland until further notice

The Russian Embassy in Geneva is preparing him a room.

He's either resigned because he knows he's going down soon or everyone who he has tried to appoint to the FIFA Executive Committee has done a David Gill and gone 'With you? Lol, no'.

I like that, judging from their front page, 'The Sun' are trying to claim all the credit for forcing his resignation. :lol:

I hate how cocky The Sun gets when a potential transfer they published months ago goes through "JUST AS WE REPORTED ON APRIL 24TH" with a picture of the headline attached. They don't mention the 14 other teams they said the player in question was set to join, however.

• Like 1

Apparently the investigative journalist who has done a lot to help make this happen, reckons that Frank Lowy should take a fall as well for supposed problems with Australia's world cup bid.

510572-047f2b14-fdef-11e4-81ba-84b4afd21

Been there, done that already.

• Like 2

Very, very unlikely I'd imagine. Given Qatar's general horribleness and corruptness, unsuitability as a host along with the huge time distance away there may be a slim chance, but Russia 2018 will definitely go ahead.

That's generally what I read, but with both there exists the ever-present threat that sponsors (many of them American companies) are pressured by the public to stop supporting a World Cup held in 1) a country that discriminates against homosexuals in Russia and 2) a slave state in Qatar. That seems to me the way to get change snowballing, having the sponsors held accountable for supporting this.

All of the Gold Cups! Bloody hell though, at this stage I'd be surprised if any major tournament is untainted. They'll be moving Euro 96 to Switzerland.

Edit: New proposal. France 98 to be replayed using all the original squads. Do it this summer. Take all my money.

Edited by Ultra Rare Colly
  • Like 6