lol, FIFA

Snitches get stitches!

It makes me sad knowing that about France 98 now, that was my first world cup (I was 2/3 for USA 94)

• Like 1

Those are all post-arrest mugshots they used though.

I don't know much about many of these men apart from Warner & Webb, but Nicolas Leoz is the dickhead who said he'd make sure England won the 2018 World Cup bid... but only if we gave him a knighthood (which we quite rightly refused), so he deserves whatever's coming his way. They all do really. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy right now than the top brass at FIFA

Snitches get stitches!

It makes me sad knowing that about France 98 now, that was my first world cup (I was 2/3 for USA 94)

Man, World Cup 94 was the best.

England weren't in it, so I supported Saudi Arabia and Bulgaria. Good times. Completed that sticker book too!

• Like 1

Ireland was paid 5 million Euros to keep quiet about Thierry Henry's uncalled handball in 2010 World Cup qualifiers.

http://screamer.deadspin.com/fifa-paid-ireland-not-to-sue-over-thierry-henrys-handba-1709035034

I remember that being mentioned at the time though. It was basically an out of court settlement for loss of earnings, for once I don't think it can be considered corrupt.

Ireland was paid 5 million Euros to keep quiet about Thierry Henry's uncalled handball in 2010 World Cup qualifiers.

http://screamer.deadspin.com/fifa-paid-ireland-not-to-sue-over-thierry-henrys-handba-1709035034

FIFA should ask for that money back because the Irish haven't shut the fuck up about it in five years.

• Like 1

Ugh how is this Ireland settlement headline news?

They basically settled out of court based on "strong legal advice". They've even had the Irish FA president on the radio saying "this is fair", played it in the news piece and in the next breath linked it to corruption.