lol, FIFA

• Admin
Sepp Blatter will not attend an International Olympic Committee meeting in Lausanne next week. The 79-year-old Swiss became football's representative on the IOC in 1999, shortly after first becoming Fifa boss. "In April, the Fifa president informed the IOC that he would not be taking part at the meeting in Lausanne. He has not changed those plans," a Fifa spokesman says.

So, what does it take to get a World Cup? Money, bribes, extravagant spending on visiting digantaries, oh, and a crate full of rocket propelled grenades for Saudi Arabian militants.

• Like 1

To be fair, "Russia and Qatar could lose World Cups if wrongdoing is proved" says man who said same thing two years ago isn't that groundbreaking. I'm not getting excited until I see the new hosts holding a shirt with their name on leaning on something announced.

If Qatar/Russia loses their bids. I'd be pretty happy if Strayla/USofA get the bids in their stead. Australia deserves it because they have never hosted one and are a growing nation in football. USA have hosted in 94 before the MLS even existed, and since 94 they have gone from being a non-factor in football to a team that whooped the shit out of a lazy dutch defense last week.

Football in USA is growing at a wild rate, and with the MLS getting expanded almost every season, the quality has been growing at a pretty crazy pace too. Oh, and they're one big part of Blatter being gone now, so surely they deserve a bid solely for ridding us of Sepp

• Like 3

I couldn't complain about those two locations. Time difference may be a pain in the arse but the 2002 World Cup was fun watching it before school or being allowed to watch matches in school.