lol, FIFA

I'm curious as to who the 8 are. Germany, Spain, France, Netherlands... Belgium? Italy? Portugal?

I know we've gone past this now but the 8 are - Germany, Spain, France, Italy, England, Portugal, Netherlands and Scotland Belgium.

You can maybe tell from that list that it was more a generalised statement than a thought-out thing. But my point still stands.

I was reading the paper (Daily Mirror I think) in the barbers today and it said that Blatter had won 'in the face of corruption charges and England threatening to pull out of the World Cup'.

Like Blatter would give a hoot if we withdrew. :lol:

The USA made a WC bid that they didn't get, therefore every criticism they make is invalid.

And the USA maybe timed the arrests for political impact. Which, even if it were true (and who could know?), shouldn't detract from the validity of the actual charges, but apparently it does.

And it's all part of their grand anti-Russian strategy. Because of WC 2018, you see.

Etc. Etc. Etc.

Basically, pick any ad-hominem construct you care to think of, and FIFA will be flinging it out at everyone it can find.

• Like 3

The USA made a WC bid that they didn't get, therefore every criticism they make is invalid.

And the USA maybe timed the arrests for political impact. Which, even if it were true (and who could know?), shouldn't detract from the validity of the actual charges, but apparently it does.

Oh, but it's worse than that! Jack "Scoop" Warner has now accused the USA of wanting to host the World Cup this year! His source? An Onion article.

• Like 2

Oh, but it's worse than that! Jack "Scoop" Warner has now accused the USA of wanting to host the World Cup this year! His source? An Onion article.

Not only is he bringing this great game into disrepute, he is bring the great name 'Scoop' into disrepute. I don't know what is worse.

That is fucking amazing. That is Jeb-Bush-levels of amazing.

• Like 1