lol, FIFA

Wouldn't it have to be a country from the same continent? Didn't they want to rotate between the continents hosting the world cup? So theoretically, the 2018 would have to be in Europe. 2022 could be in Australia, then, because it's a part of Asia or something.

The Australian time difference would suuuuck. But they have to deal with it every time it isn't in Australia, so they deserve it at least once. If it was in the US or Australia, I'd definitely book time off work for it.

While I'm aware that World Cup hosts always vary sensible kick off times to benefit European tv surely they must get reasonable time differences sometimes? Japan/South Korea?

That's not an argument against Australia by the way, happy for them to get it.

Why only book time off if it is in a foreign English speaking land? >_>

Because I would be able to watch anything after about 1pm onwards, so wouldn't need to get time off. In 2018, I should be fine as there isn't much by way of time difference, IF Russia keep it.

Its available on On Demand in the U.S., apparently. Wouldn't watch it even if I was paid to do so.

Qatar should definitely be stripped of the 2022. Do not like the methods they're employing to build the stadium.

• Like 1

I just can't grasp what Roth and Doopidoo were thinking, apart from how much tax free cash Warner could slip them. Even if FIFA was clean it would be a boring film about administration. Maybe if they played Blatter as a David Brent style character.

Its available on On Demand in the U.S., apparently. Wouldn't watch it even if I was paid to do so.

Qatar should definitely be stripped of the 2022. Do not like the methods they're employing to build the stadium.

Agreed, though Qatar should never have been given it in the first place, their human rights record even before construction began was hardly a secret, so I'm not sure exactly how much of a difference it'll make unfortunately.
  • Like 2