Ruki

I like to listen to the classical radio. Sometimes throws out some pretty sweet moments, they other day I went striding in to some raider den thing, or just a place infested with raiders, just as Ride of the Valkyries started playing.

Had a sort of Clockwork Orange feel to it when I was just killing all these raiders brutally to some classical piece.

• Like 1

I set about exploring yesterday as I can't see a location marker and not be nosey, and was doing pretty well. Cleared a few ghoul camps, killed the survivor of a super mutant/raider battle, found a new raider camp and set about ruining all sorts of shit with my rifle.

Then an armoured dude called boomer threw a nuke at my head.

• Like 3

On 12/11/2015, 11:37:44, 9 to 5 said:

Oh my God, this place rules so much!

That's as far as I made it during my last session (Have been faffing about elsewhere to begin with), Was following the red brick road and stumbled across it. The initial entry was boss. 

19 hours ago, Gazz said:

UoRiLlb.jpg

Not mine. Mine has three guard turrets and a wooden shack full of beds. :/

When I take over the world I'm hiring you to build my compound. I wish I had the patience to try something that grand.

3 hours ago, Kaney said:

I set about exploring yesterday as I can't see a location marker and not be nosey, and was doing pretty well. Cleared a few ghoul camps, killed the survivor of a super mutant/raider battle, found a new raider camp and set about ruining all sorts of shit with my rifle.

Then an armoured dude called boomer threw a nuke at my head.

I had that happen but with a mutey and his missile launcher - One hit insta death outta nowhere. 

I died alot in the earlier stages, Starting to find my feet now but I'm sure part of me appreciates not being OP from the start. 

I'm in two minds about the new perks and leveling system, I don't mind it on the surface but I'm starting to wonder if there's any point to having a high INT build as I've yet to come across any use for it.

Atleast in the old games you could pass the occasional speech check with a high INT, but currently I've found that because my CHA is in the toliet I'm not getting much anywhere with people. 

I could do a whole new post about Companions but the 4 or so that I've met so far I could see myself finishing the game with all of them... Even if I don't have the option of telling them to stop running in front of me and copping an errant bullet to the head, OR just stop running in front of me in general. 

Pistol whipping is a keeper too, Great addition. 

Potential spoilers for happenings in Sanctuary...

I gave Mama Murphy one dose of chems too many and she snuffed it. Now everyone in the town is just crowding round her corpse and they follow it if I drag it around. I tried to find out which part of her body they were mapped to follow but after hacking away with a bladed tire iron and only determining it wasn't her head I got impatient and thought I could dismember all her limbs with a mine. The mine explosion: [1] promptly crippled Preston Garvey and Jun Long and [2] blew Mama Murphy through an open window into a house where everybody went to crowd around her again I hope this isn't how they're going to be forever, my settlement isn't very big yet but I imagine we'll be attacked at some point and I don't need Sheffield fighting them off himself because everyone else is mourning Mama Murphy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On PC you just press and hold down E over the body and it'll move when you walk/move the mouse. Can be used for any item you can pick up/interact with if you're like me in Fallout 3 and had to have all your skill books in the bookcase exactly right.

40 minutes ago, ADG said:

On PC you just press and hold down E over the body and it'll move when you walk/move the mouse. Can be used for any item you can pick up/interact with if you're like me in Fallout 3 and had to have all your skill books in the bookcase exactly right.

What does E do on PC? Because there were a few times I wanted to move bodies around.

Also! Speaking of skill books....do I have to keep the comics on me?

42 minutes ago, Ruki said:
43 minutes ago, Ruki said:

How do you drag bodies? 

How do you drag bodies? 

If you're on PS4 you hold down X. It's also really helpful if you want to steal stuff while people are there because you just pick them up to a place where you're hidden and nab them.

19 minutes ago, Ruki said:

Also! Speaking of skill books....do I have to keep the comics on me?

No, you don't. Effects are permanent.

Minutemen second mission (Taking Independence) spoilers

Spoiler

I spent far more time than I'd like to admit repairing the walls of the castle...

Screenshot-Original.png?sv=2014-02-14&sr

Screenshot-Original.png?sv=2014-02-14&sr

Well that was hella fun. The last few missions were intense as hell. I chose to (major choice spoilers)...

... take down the Brotherhood (hate them, they're meat-heads who solve everything by force) and side with the Railway over the Institute (I wanted to co-exist bit there was none option, and Shaun came across as power hungry and more concerned with his legacy than true good. Took a Synth version of my kid to safety to try and get back some semblance of my old life.