Ruki

7 minutes ago, Ruki said:

I've had two of those moments, I laughed.

Also...I killed someone in Diamond City

Hidden Content

...then his daughter showed up in town. Looking all suspicious. I feel like I am in danger.

And my main settlement is Sanctuary, with the Drive-In being my #2 (slowly building up the gas station as well).

Spoiler

Yeah, I did that mission too, I can't really remember what he said afterwards but it was something about not being able to go back to Diamond City, and he has to have "died" so I guess he was gonna go off in to hiding somewhere? But then he just started wistfully looking out over the river, so I popped him in the back of the head, which oddly felt quite cool in that cinematic kinda way. I think the other guy who originally confronted him died at some point at that meeting and I never knew, I just wondered where he was gone, then today I was wandering around the city and his wife came up to me wondering if I knew where he'd gone, so I just lied and said I didn't know. She might be next if she doesn't drop it. Hope she just assumes they both went off and killed each other in a stand-off.

Had to get rid of Cooke though. NO HALF MEASURES.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ruki said:

Benji! You can open trade routes between your settlements! In builder mode...press RB/R1 on a settler, and then you send them to a settlement. Then those two share the same stuff...the main goal: create one big supply line so everything is connected.

Also...for someone who has no endurance, I REALLY like getting up close with a shotgun. I also need to up my stealth, since people are noticing me before I can get my sneak attacks off.

You are my new fucking hero.

• Like 1

I am terrible with generators. I just build one right beside the thing that I need (radio tower or water purifier thus far)...haven't even thought about stringing it along to other place.

Also! What does the scavenger stand thing do?

51 minutes ago, Ruki said:

I am terrible with generators. I just build one right beside the thing that I need (radio tower or water purifier thus far)...haven't even thought about stringing it along to other place.

Also! What does the scavenger stand thing do?

Scavenger benches can be used to gather raw resources. Such as steel, concrete, nuclear materials, rubber, corn, etc. Yes, even the rare resources such as nuclear. These resources include crop food items. What resources you get appears to be random.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_4_settlements

• Like 1

Ran in to an Alpha Deathclaw in some shack in the middle of nowhere earlier, just about killed it, hiding in some porch it couldn't really get in to, still took ages. Few minutes later I ran in to a Legendary Bloodbug and it's mates, and just ran off... straight in to a Legendary Deathclaw. Ran off again.

Please leave me alone, you monsters. Why must they all be so aggro to me.

Haven't gotten this yet...probably after I get paid tomorrow.  Does the game start with a cool Ron Perlman "War never changes" story?

5 minutes ago, Halloween Burger KingEllis said:

They replaced him with Kiefer Sutherland.

So they paid Kiefer to not say anything also?  Man, he's got a GREAT agent to keep getting him these "get paid to barely speak" roles

3 hours ago, Ruki said:

Sadly, the 'War never changes' is said by the male character. But Ron Perlman does have a cameo as a news anchor at the beginning of the game.

See, I read this...then I read THIS...

The trailer begins with a dog - who looks a lot like Dogmeat - nosing around in an abandoned home, which flickers back and forth between its pre-apocalyptic and post-apocalyptic state. We then hear a radio broadcast of the day the nuclear attacks begin.

With the world poised on the brink of war, Vault-Tec is reporting a record number. Folks, it seems...we've, we've got some breaking news. We seem to have lost contact with our affiliate stations,  standby.

We do, we do have coming in confirmed reports of nuclear detonation. My god. Our soldiers were right...

War, war never changes.

Which says Perlman says it to me...sorry, I couldn't insert the video they showed, but it really sounds like Perlman...Granted, Perlman isn't a make or break thing...just a nostalgia thing

Diamond City Radio didn't take long to get annoying. I don't know if the songs are random or if they follow a set order but I must have heard that "It's a man!" song 5 times yet "He's hacking and whacking and smacking!" only once.

I figured that's just because Three Dog visited the Commonwealth at some point and gave all his records to Travis.

I'll never get tired of hearing 'Butcher Pete' though.

I also thought the intro was the best of all the games, had a real 'Watchmen' vibe to it.

1 hour ago, I'm A Walker said:

Diamond City Radio didn't take long to get annoying. I don't know if the songs are random or if they follow a set order but I must have heard that "It's a man!" song 5 times yet "He's hacking and whacking and smacking!" only once.

GIRLS! DUN! GIRLS!

Diamond City radio disappoints me as well. I know they probably have a reason why they play some of the same songs as in Fallout 3 but I find it just lazy for them not to include an all-new soundtrack. Obsidian managed to do that. And whatever algorithm they chose to pick out which song is played sucks. I swar to god I've listened to Butcher Pete like 10x by now and I barley get any of the new stuff.