Ruki

It is quite fun to pop off both arms on a ghoul and watch them just run at you headfirst.

What isn't fun is when you kill a bunch of them, go to loot the corpses and one of them isn't dead...

• Like 5

Slight sidemission spoilers:

Spoiler

So I still haven't continued the main quest that sents to to Diamond City. I've been goofing around in the wasteland collecting better gear than I probably should have, doing side missions and collecting caps.

Has anyone been to Covennant yet? If so, how have you dealth with them? I'm really not sure how to do it. On one hat what they tell me about the synths sounds scary as fuck. On the other hand, as Dan said, it could never been proven that they have been involved in anything and these assholes are torturing people. I suppose I'll just wait with finishing this until I know more about the synths.

Only complaint I have so far is that things are a bit to easy. I've managed to raid several Raider camps and even a super mutant settlement inside an abandoned hospital. And Codsworth one-hits fools left and right

5 minutes ago, Benji The Friendly Ghost said:

Just because the game is okay and popular doesn't mean it's immune to criticism :P

BLASPHEMY! HERESY! SHUN THE NONBELIEVER!

Edited by Hellraiser
  • Like 5

Just now, Gazz said:

It is quite fun to pop off both arms on a ghoul and watch them just run at you headfirst.

What isn't fun is when you kill a bunch of them, go to loot the corpses and one of them isn't dead...

I prefer shooting their legs out and laughing as they crawl towards a melee to the skull :shifty: 

• Like 1

Yeah I don't think I'll spend a lot of time on the crafting stuff. The weapon upgrades and the armour stuff is cool, I love my hot rod flames power armour, but keeping on top of food/water supplies and defence and stuff is blegh.

I did the first few missions before diamond city and joined the minute men. I had over 30 stimpacks before going to the car factory full of raiders and left with two. I'm too used to playing MGSV, I keep wanting to mark enemies and I don't have a supressor for my shitty sniper rifle

:(

Dogmeat can go suck a dick. I constantly have to push him out of the way when I'm sneaking. Worse than D-Dog.

1 hour ago, Sam said:

I've spent half an hour looking for carrots or potatoes or any vegetables. Where do I find them?

When you cross the bridge out of Sanctuary Hills, turn right and go over the hills, there is a farm not far away.

Can weapons no longer get damaged over time? I thought I could use one of the 5 identical pistols I have and combine them like on the old ones. 

1 hour ago, David Marrio said:

Can weapons no longer get damaged over time? I thought I could use one of the 5 identical pistols I have and combine them like on the old ones. 

Apparently not. I wondered about that as well. But I suppose that game mechanic wouldn't mesh well together with their new crafting future. I suppose what they want you to do is either sell the duplicate guns or thrash them for parts that you can use to modify other guns.

And I don't think I will be spending too much time on the crafting feature. I just feel like the constant collecting of random shit and fast travelling back and forth slows me down. I'll probably use it to make some guns or ammo but I won't be building any settlements any time soon unless I have to.

Edited by Hellraiser

Spent half my first day with the game cleaning up and then fortifying the initial settlement - loved every second of it and even though it's limited I can see some ways to be really creative with the whole system. I'm adoring what I can do with it and the weapons/armor as well.. it really gives me a reason to search every place I go to from top to bottom.

New Ghouls are terrifying.

Bigger, badder, bullet-dodging Deathclaws are terrifying.

Bloodbugs are terrifying.

May as well call this shit Fallout: Nope Edition.

That said, I'm enjoying base building and have wasted a lot of time on that. Storywise I'm not far at all, I'll work on that later.