Tennis!

sahyder1

Wow Johnny, just...wow.

And yeah, Roddick does have a lot of unneccessary arguments with the umpires. Still, I wouldn't complain too much if I were him, all that prize money he's got over the years, plus he's married to Brooklyn Decker!

Because he is? He's an incessent moan to begin with.

Just because he cracks a few jokes and is funny doesn't mean he isn't a bit of a tosser.

And because he moans that makes him a tosser?

No. He's a bit of a tosser becuase, as naiwf says, he constantly berates journalists, line judges and umpries regardless of whether not he's right does. Combined with the fact that he threw a hissy fit everytime hawk eye over ruled a ball against him, screamed at the umpire in the French Open for continuing play in fading light as if Monfils was using infared goggles to give him the advantage, plus so much more. People like him because of his outgoing personality, he's got a typical American psyche in that he is chattery and seems fun to be around - but just because he glosses over it all with a few jokes doesn't make him any less arrogant or annoying than he is.

And in what world is Murray overhyped. It puzzles me that we have one of the most versatile players in the game, someone who plays the game so differently to Federer or Roddick, possibly has more variety in his shots than Nadal in the way he utilises drop shots and lobs, and we want to see him fail because of a media frenzy for two weeks. His speed around the court is impeccable and the fact that in the face of everyone saying he was a fool for getting rid of Brad Gilbert he replaces him with people he's known all his life - Leon Smith and Miles Maclagan have come in and done a lot of work with him and look at the results now. He's assembled his own team at just over 20 years old, doesn't have nearly the attitude everyone wants to say and aside from a few outbursts that aren't even uncommon to Federer these days, has maturity that belies his age. People are stuck on some conceived idea that he's this immature little shit, when he couldn't be anything further away from that.

God why am I even arguing the toss? It's obvious to everyone else so as long as some people can take information on board then at least some good has maybe come of it.

Edited by IAceI

I'm racist because I don't like Scotland? Okay then, best warn me for that :rolleyes:

...no...you said "I hate the Scottish"...which was your MAIN REASON for not like Andy Murray...mate...that's RACIST AS FUCK! "Oh, I don't like Emile Heskey because I hate the blacks"...it's the same fucking thing. haha

And Jesus Christ, how big of a cunt can one person come across.

I'm racist because I don't like Scotland? Okay then, best warn me for that :rolleyes:

...no...you said "I hate the Scottish"...which was your MAIN REASON for not like Andy Murray...mate...that's RACIST AS FUCK! "Oh, I don't like Emile Heskey because I hate the blacks"...it's the same fucking thing. haha

And Jesus Christ, how big of a cunt can one person come across.

It's not the only reason I dislike the guy. I wasn't trying to be a dick, but of course that's the way I came across. I don't see it as rascist. It's funny that people jump over me for that, but it's fine when numerous people call Italian's 'greasy' and say how they hate Italy etc etc? That's fine though right, because it's Italy? Ugh, okay then. Either way, it came out wrong and I didn't mean to come across in the way I probably did. Hopefully we can leave it at that :/

I don't get why a few people here think he's a slight dick, because he seems like the most awesome guy in tennis right now. Fantastic sense of humour, what a stand up guy :wub:

Roddick has routinely berated reporters, officials, linesmen and opponents in the past, even when he was completely wrong about the call. Basically he's John McEnroe or Serena Williams without their resumes. He's one of the cockiest players I've ever seen on the ATP Tour and basically earned a living on the strength of his serve which got him 1 Slam and a 2-19 record against a guy like Federer who could return it.

You are also forgetting that he took out all his anger out on the ball kids everytime the umpire (correctly) made a decision against him. Hewitt yelled out "C'mon!" once and Roddick went insane, smashing his racket and all. As has been pointed out, he's probably ok off the court, but he can't take being wrong for one second without blaming someone else, and always comes off as being cocky when he's just had some luck.

Having said that, his speech at the end of the final affirmed him to not be a complete brat.

20070218murryarticle.jpg

Fuck you Johnny! :shifty:

The final on Sunday was amazing and easily one of the best Wimbledon finals. Roddick played his best tennis, while Federer was superb as usual. The whole tournament on a whole was brilliant though, from the early upsets, to the five set thrillers, each and every day had an awesome match.

• 1 month later...

Does Murray being number two now put him on the other side of the draw to Nadal and Federer?

It's 50/50. He's automatically on the opposite side of Federer unless he drops back to # 3. It's random as to whether he ends up with Nadal or the # 4 in his half.

• 4 weeks later...