Tennis!

sahyder1

Everything you named for Federer, these two have. Amazing commitment, heart, power, shot range and the fact that they almost never give up on a shot. I guess it's just a personal opinion, but it really annoys me that everybody is up Federers ass still, but those people are quick to moan about another Williams final. I can say Federer has some amazing matches, but he personally bores the hell out of me and I struggle to watch any of his games unless Nadal or Murray are involved.

LOL @ the Williams Sisters and "amazing commitment" being in the same sentence. You're a real funny guy :w00t: The Williams Sisters never play well against each other. That's why no one wants to see them play especially in GS Finals. As far as you saying Roddick seems like an awesome guy earlier, I think you have him mistaken for someone else since he's probably the biggest douchebag on the ATP Tour.

Everything you named for Federer, these two have. Amazing commitment, heart, power, shot range and the fact that they almost never give up on a shot. I guess it's just a personal opinion, but it really annoys me that everybody is up Federers ass still, but those people are quick to moan about another Williams final. I can say Federer has some amazing matches, but he personally bores the hell out of me and I struggle to watch any of his games unless Nadal or Murray are involved.

LOL @ the Williams Sisters and "amazing commitment" being in the same sentence. You're a real funny guy :w00t: The Williams Sisters never play well against each other. That's why no one wants to see them play especially in GS Finals. As far as you saying Roddick seems like an awesome guy earlier, I think you have him mistaken for someone else since he's probably the biggest douchebag on the ATP Tour.

naiwf beats me to it by a mile.

To say the 8-tournament Williams sisters have "amazing commitment" is pretty far fetched given they'd rather desing clothes and playing guitar and writing poetry. Plus their dominance is nothing like Federer's is on the mens game, the Williams sisters dominance is more like what Karlovic would be doing if he had a return game - and I guarantee everyone would hate that. It's like when you see "competitive dad" down the local park blasting shots past his 8-year-old son with hard balls and a full size racket in the kid's hands. Ridiculous.

The Williams sisters are, possibly, the two best players in the womens game right now. And the only players who I think had any say in that were Justine Henin, Kim Clijsters and sometimes Lindsay "one step" Davenport who would just leave wide shots because she clearly couldn't be arsed.

The Williams sisters have anything but amazing commitment, they have a lot of heart, are extremely competitive and will never give up. But if they woke up today and someone said "Neither of you can play tennis again", they probably wouldn't care either way.

And now we're back to the same hold at love crap. Federer was about a half an inch away from breaking Roddick two or three times, but he didn't do it and then gagged on his service game there. I have a bad feeling about this.

naiwf beats me to it by a mile.

To say the 8-tournament Williams sisters have "amazing commitment" is pretty far fetched given they'd rather desing clothes and playing guitar and writing poetry. Plus their dominance is nothing like Federer's is on the mens game, the Williams sisters dominance is more like what Karlovic would be doing if he had a return game - and I guarantee everyone would hate that. It's like when you see "competitive dad" down the local park blasting shots past his 8-year-old son with hard balls and a full size racket in the kid's hands. Ridiculous.

The Williams sisters are, possibly, the two best players in the womens game right now. And the only players who I think had any say in that were Justine Henin, Kim Clijsters and sometimes Lindsay "one step" Davenport who would just leave wide shots because she clearly couldn't be arsed.

The Williams sisters have anything but amazing commitment, they have a lot of heart, are extremely competitive and will never give up. But if they woke up today and someone said "Neither of you can play tennis again", they probably wouldn't care either way.

All I can say about that last line is complete and utter bollocks. They've grown up around the sport and been playing since children, but you think they wouldn't give a shit if they were told they couldn't play? What a load of shit that is. Personally I think they're just as committed as any of the other women, of course they'll always be haters out there towards them though. That's my opinion and it'll never change.

Roddick is looking good so far and hopefully he can pull off the shock and shut up all this Federer love. I'd love nothing more than to see him crumble yet again, although I still think he'll come back as usual and beat Roddick. Here's hoping I'm wrong, because I love Roddick :w00t:

He's right though, they play far less tournaments than all the other top players because they'd rather do their other projects, like clothes designing and all that. That isn't showing tennis full commitment at all. Safina plays upwards of about 20 tournaments in a year, whereas Serena and Venus will play somewhere between 10-14.

How does someone get lucky when they win 6 points in a row with the match basically on the line?

Because Roddick missed two sitters that nine times out of ten he'd of put away with ease. Federer did great to come back like that, but Roddick crumbled at the most important time when he really should of easily been two sets up.

How does someone get lucky when they win 6 points in a row with the match basically on the line?

Because Roddick missed two sitters that nine times out of ten he'd of put away with ease. Federer did great to come back like that, but Roddick crumbled at the most important time when he really should of easily been two sets up.

By your logic Roddick was lucky to win the first because every single challenge call went his way and if Federer hits a ball 1/8 of an inch shorter on any of two or three occasions he breaks to go up 6-5. Someone choking doesn't make the other person lucky.

It is pretty lucky though or whatever word you want to describe it. He had all those set points and had two clear cut chances to go two sets up and threw it away, somehow missing two easy shots, that's lucky for Federer however you look at it. And as you can now see, it's totally swung the entire game and changed everything. If he made either of those shots, he'd of been two sets up and Federer would be the one feeling the huge pressure. Roddick threw it away and Federer was lucky however you want to look at it. I'm not putting him down, he did awesome with the other points. Roddick has probably just thrown away this final in that one moment though.