WWE 2K16

4 posts before one that had "MAGGLE" in it, You're slipping EWB...

The closer we get to getting info on this the less I seem to care, I mean I'll end up with it at some point because I'm a creature of habit but considering that I'm measuring release dates on how close they come out to Fallout 4 it might be this time next year before I get a chance to play it. 

I kind of wonder what they mean by online being "overhauled".

Lack of people spamming modded moves? >_> 

The video and article make this sound like it could actually feel like it's a new game for the first time since I'd argue WWE 12, and even then that probably only felt like a new game to me because it was my first WWE game since SvR 08. The new reversal system sounds like it's going to make matches ten times more fun, and a 120 person roster is insane.

Also, one of the top comments is

"Over 100 wrestlers including

6 Triple H's
8 Undertaker's
9 Hogan's
20+ Different John Cena's including Thuganomics with every Jersey from every NFL & NBA Team
and 4 Rock's
and every version of Kane's Mask"

despite the article saying - 

"Probably the biggest piece of news is the roster, which will top out at over 120 unique playable characters. I asked what "unique" meant exactly, and I liked the answer: that in most cases, it means an actually different person, not several different versions of the same character. If the same performer has two completely different gimmicks, those would be counted as separate unique characters, but the same wrestler from different eras wouldn't count towards that 120."

Then again, who reads before criticising these days? >_>
  • Like 2

I kind of wonder what they mean by online being "overhauled".

It will be less shit compared to last year but still shit nonetheless 

I don't play these games competitively, so whatever changes they make to online play won't matter to me. I didn't try last year's game, but the main problem I had with the ones that came before it was that the Community Creations servers might as well have been made from sticky tape and Blu-Tak, judging by how often they broke. It's a feature that should, in theory, massively expand the lifespan of the game, but having to dash in and download something in the seconds before the whole thing shut down was far more trouble than it was worth. I don't know if 2K did a better job with 2k15, but if not, it's the sort of thing that really needs addressing.

Online play is kind of pointless when people mostly just make CAWs with the best moves/the ones which lead to the biggest advantages after their animations complete. But it's one of those things that absolutely needs to be in a game these days sadly.

Community Creations is pretty awesome though, and I wish they could unify those creations so you don't just get "the best ___ on the PS4" and "the best ____ on the One". The speed is much better than before though.

• Like 1

A little bit more from Uproxx:

Improved Controls: Basically, 2K16 will do a better job of separating strikes from grapples, and reduce those annoying moments where you go for one move, and pull off something completely different. That’s been a problem with pretty much every wrestling game ever, so if 2K can deliver on this promise, it will be big.

A New Pin System: This one is very welcome, since the pins in 2K15 used an annoying timing mechanic and were generally pretty terrible. The new system will also allow you to go for “dirty” pins (feet on the ropes, and whanot) and yell at the ref after a close two-count. Not sure what gameplay purpose of yelling at the ref would serve, but I’d do it after every pin anyways.

Working Holds: Yes, you can now do straight-up rest holds in WWE 2K16. Points for realism, I guess!

Dynamic Entrances: You can now control your character during their entrance, and even jump your opponent before the match starts.

2K Games is also promising some base-level improvements, like a major reduction in loading times (that particularly frustrating one between the entrances and match is gone) and online code that will actually work.

I'm going to yell at so many referees

• Like 3