South Park

Mick

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JukeboxHero

I finally got caught up with South Park....and the mid-season finale was sad. Glad to hear they aren't ending the show anytime soon, though. The show needs some change, though. I think it's been stale for quite a while. That said, I can't wait to see how they kick off the last half of the season.

Edited by JukeboxHero

The new episode airs tomorrow evening - preview has been up for a day or so now.

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/398450/preview-my-buns

NEW YORK, October 3, 2011 Cartman thinks he has Aspergers Syndrome in an all-new episode of "South Park" titled, "Ass Burgers," premiering on Wednesday, October 5 at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT on Comedy Central.

Cartman finds a unique way of coping with Asperger's Syndrome. Even Kyle and Kenny are on board. Meanwhile, Stan can't seem to get his life back to normal no matter what he tries. Will anything ever be the same in South Park again?

Wow...here I thought with that teaser of an ending, South Park actually was going to go in a new direction. Overall I really liked the episode though. The side plot with Kyle and Cartman was great..and it was just fun overall

I enjoyed the episode very much, it had some great moments but I'm a bit bummed out that things are esentially back to the status quo (minus Stan turning alcoholic and I'm not sure if they are going to keep it up). But in the end, it wasn't really a surprise that that was indeed what they did.

Not sure why they just reversed everything in the end. Stan's speech about wanting change, because it will keep him going, and he felt excited for the future again was obviously about Parker and Stone writing the show. Randy could have been an hilarious character this season, without a home, performing in bars etc, but instead they went with the usual. Shame. I still expect change though, and Stan being an alcoholic indicates this somewhat.

Fuck you Kyle!

I love you...

Fuck you though Kyle!

:lol:

Edited by The Quasi Juice

I am a little bummed that they went back to the status quo with the ending after the great speech by kyle. The alcoholic thing was a nice touch though, I hope they don't just ignore it though. It would have been interesting to see the friends break apart, just like what happens with most kids. You don't always stay friends with the same people.

Guest JukeboxHero

That was quite disappointing. They had an opportunity to change things up a bit, which is something South Park really needs. Instead, they saw an opportunity to dash everyone's hopes with a swerve and they grasped it with both hands. I guess I should have expected nothing less from them. Oh well.

As long as Stan, Kyle and Cartman are still the main 3 characters, I have no problem with the group splitting a little bit. Cartman and Kyle can't be best friends or anything though, that'd be shit, they are such different people that it wouldn't be realistic. But yeah, breaking Stan off and maybe have him hang around with Tweek and Token more and then replace Stan with Butters in the other group would be cool.

But they'll probably just ignore it and go back to normal.