South Park

Mick

Spoilers if you don't want to watch what happens but I strongly recommend watching it, it's a great episode.

Stan Marsh turns 10, becomes a cynical bastard, starts hating everybody around them and seeing everything he once loved as shit (literal shit). His parents are fighting near the end over Randy's new-found love for young people music, and they have the characters face the camera as they both admit they are unhappy with how things are going, they want to just enjoy it because of the little time they have left and than there is a montage of Stan and Sharon getting a divorce, Stan keeps seeing everybody as shit and it ends with him sitting in a bed looking alone and unhappy.

I think it was amazing. Meta as fuck, but amazing.

Edited by RockPaperScissors
  • Like 4

Well that ending was a lot more deep than I expected...

I thought this episode was great and I can't wait to see what happens next.

I think I have the same thing Stan has :crying:.

This season is delivering the goods.

I thought this episode was great and I can't wait to see what happens next.

I think I have the same thing Stan has :crying:.

This season is delivering the goods.

Then you don't have the same thing Stan has..the episode would've been shitty..

• Like 4

That was....that was something. Kinda wanna see where they go with this.

This is the mid-season finale, right?

Agreed,

Random blog I read whilst searching for info on the return speculates it could be the set up for a more permanent change to the show, shaking things up. Also interesting is that he points out that Kyle and Cartman had actually showed signs of this before in the Crack Baby episode, when Kyle was willing to go along with Cartman, but Stan just didn't care.

You know, there's something that just occurred to me. They've been getting the word "shit" by uncensored for several episodes now. Royal Pudding was the first I noticed it in, and I think it's happened each episode. I'm wondering if they didn't convince Comedy Central to do that as a means towards building to this? You know, to show how "shitty" everything was getting?

You know, there's something that just occurred to me. They've been getting the word "shit" by uncensored for several episodes now. Royal Pudding was the first I noticed it in, and I think it's happened each episode. I'm wondering if they didn't convince Comedy Central to do that as a means towards building to this? You know, to show how "shitty" everything was getting?

There was a news report not too long ago that the FCC has lightened up on what words are acceptable for TV and radio, it has nothing to do with this just this show. It does have to do with the timeslot they're on however, if South Park was a Prime Time show they still wouldn't be able to get away with it.

I think Kenny has pretty much long outlived being funny. He's only really around any more because he's one of the core members, but Butters is just so much funnier. Stan has pretty much long outlived being funny too, he doesn't really do anything any more. He's only really worth keeping around because Randy is just awesome.

I didn't think that much of this weeks episode. It was good, but I could have done without the constant shit noises and everything being shit. I think it would have been funnier if, for example the trailers bit, they just did the trailers without it and made it obvious to only Stan how crap the films look.

Then again maybe I just have a serious case of being a cynical asshole. >_>