21 minutes ago, Buschtolo Colón said:

If the umpiring crew in this Mets/Rockies series doesn't get a suspension or at minimum some sort of reprimand from the league office it's a disgrace.  Two blatantly blown calls in two straight games.  Yesterday the home plate ump ruled a foul tip on a ball that was clearly a strikeout and today they ruled Juan Lagares out of the baseline because he was trying to get out of the way of Nolan Arenado who was not even attempting to tag Lagares.

And each time the umps just rolled their eyes and acted like their shit doesn't stink as Collins argued with them.  And neither time did they call a conference to at least talk it over.  What a joke.

Watching all those guys in blue and red jerseys throwing haymakers at each other it felt like I was watching one of those Raw eps where they had the Draft.

25 minutes ago, Maxx said:

https://streamable.com/bhlk

Odor don't take no shit

The best part of the whole thing was after the first brawl, and then Fielder got hit. As he did that slow walk down the baseline to first with Russell Martin bouncing in front of him. All I could think of was this:

• Like 2

I can't lie, I'm a sucker for a good 'ol fashioned basebrawl.  I always read reporters going off about how terrible it is when the game "polices itself", fights break out, etc. and honestly it just doesn't bother me at all.  Maybe part of it is that I listen to Ron Darling and Keith Hernandez during Mets broadcasts and they like most other players from the '80s and earlier generations just view it as part of the game.  So I'm just sorta numb to it.

• Like 1

As long as it doesn't happen every game, I'm not against it. It is part of the game to an extent and when rivalries are bred from it, it makes the games even more exciting when they get together.

• Like 2

I agree.  Hell I'm actually a bit miffed that the Mets didn't plant Utley with one behind the numbers during their series this past week.  Yeah Tejada isn't a Met anymore but I still think they owed him one and Utley, to his credit, would have been the first guy to just jog to first and take his base without making a fuss.  He would have understood it.

Of course the Mets did nothing and Utley responded with two doubles and a HR instead so they would have been better off just giving him a free base.  -_-

Bunch of guys in my office are currently breaking down the Rangers/Jays brawl like its the Zapruder film.

2 hours ago, Little Red Srarvette said:

Braves manager got fired. AAA guy is the interim manager

Curious move because everyone was thrilled to get Fredi when Florida fired him.  Everyone knew it'd be a rebuilding period until we got into Cobb.  Someone pissed someone else off royally.

Odor got an 8 game suspension, but he still threw a hell of a punch and I can watch the .gif of it over and over.

Also, Fredi Gonzalez supposedly found out about his firing from the Braves via an email. About a flight reservation. 

An hour or so after the Braves’ 8-5 series-opening loss to the Pirates, a person familiar with the situation said Gonzalez received an email notifying him of his scheduled flight to Atlanta on Tuesday afternoon.

[...]

The Braves had already made the decision to fire him and booked his commercial flight home Tuesday, but didn’t plan to tell him he’d been fired until Tuesday morning, after president of baseball operations John Hart flew to Pittsburgh to join general manager John Coppolella.

Went to the game last night.  Had to watch the first inning on the large screen they have in the food court area beyond center field as the Shake Shack line was long as always, but it was so worth it.  :wub:  Great pitching from Thor and the bullpen, Mets win, and I managed to get out of my seat, down the stairs, out to the car, and onto the highway within 5 minutes of the game ending rather than getting stuck in crazy traffic.  Fun night all around.

Also everybody in the stadium had a nice laugh seeing a clean-shaven Danny Espinosa stride up to the plate only for this pic to appear on the huge center field jumbotron:

8805.png

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Cloudy said:

Odor got an 8 game suspension, but he still threw a hell of a punch and I can watch the .gif of it over and over.

Also, Fredi Gonzalez supposedly found out about his firing from the Braves via an email. About a flight reservation. 

So basically they were too chickenshit to do it face to face, ie the Eric Bischoff method?

2 hours ago, Buschtolo Colón said:

Went to the game last night.  Had to watch the first inning on the large screen they have in the food court area beyond center field as the Shake Shack line was long as always, but it was so worth it.  :wub:  Great pitching from Thor and the bullpen, Mets win, and I managed to get out of my seat, down the stairs, out to the car, and onto the highway within 5 minutes of the game ending rather than getting stuck in crazy traffic.  Fun night all around.

Also everybody in the stadium had a nice laugh seeing a clean-shaven Danny Espinosa stride up to the plate only for this pic to appear on the huge center field jumbotron:

8805.png

LMAO that's awesome. I remember him doing almost the same thing before. He had a big huge handlebar mustache in his pic but showed up clean shaven.