The goal of a road team in a Best of Seven is to just win one of the first two games to give themselves a chance to ice the series at home.  Cleveland's got Bauer going tonight who hasn't pitched a proper start in almost three weeks and while he's good I don't think he's in the same stratosphere as Kluber in terms of pure stuff.  They might also not have Andrew Miller available - pitching less than 24 hours after throwing 46 pitches would be mental.

So yeah, I still feel good about my Cubs in 5 prediction.  Generally home field advantage doesn't mean much in baseball but that crowd in Chicago is going to be absolutely bonkers.

Just now, Mofoticon said:

Well the pitching appears off today, and Francona having McCalister in to face 2-3-4 hitters was laughable.

Gotta go take game 3 Friday night to get some momentum back, at the least ensure this returns to Cleveland for a game 6.

I'd say the fact that you all can't seem to buy a hit is a bigger issue than anything pitching related.

1 minute ago, Meacon said:

I'd say the fact that you all can't seem to buy a hit is a bigger issue than anything pitching related.

It's been a problem all post-season but the pitching has been superb. Bauer set them back from the get-go tonight and nothing else is working. It's just a lost game.

16 minutes ago, #BROKEN Busch said:

I kinda want it to be Cubs in 7 instead of Cubs in 5 now just because Schwarber will be limited to pinch hitting duty in the NL games and I want to see him swing the bat as often as humanly possible.  So fun.

You should've seen him play at Indiana. With an aluminum bat, everything he hit looked like it could decapitate you.