4 hours ago, Fly the W! said:

Every family member is getting one of those shirts :lol: 

Man I want to get one so bad but jesus christ, on the MLB shop they're like $28. I'm used to paying between like $10-$20 for t-shirts and I'm a cheapskate so $28 is like "whoa fuck"

3 minutes ago, Cloudy said:

Man I want to get one so bad but jesus christ, on the MLB shop they're like $28. I'm used to paying between like $10-$20 for t-shirts and I'm a cheapskate so $28 is like "whoa fuck"

Normally I would be right there with you but this is history! :P 

I didn't join this year though.. if I can't afford to buy things for myself I sure can't afford to get anyone else anything. :P

So...any predictions for the Series?

I'm still thinking that the extended layoff is going to hurt the Indians a bit.  I know that the pitching was knackered and could benefit from the break, particularly Andrew Miller.  But starting pitchers are creatures of habit and I've just seen teams struggle after a long break a lot in the past decade.  More importantly, the Cubs' bats have started to heat up and they haven't had a long break to cool back down - so if Cleveland's arms do have any rust they could be in trouble.  Cleveland's bats were already pretty cold to begin with and now they'll have to try and win a series in which the buzzsaw Lester could probably start 3 games if necessary, not to mention they'll be able to throw Hendricks twice.

My gut says that they split in Cleveland and then Chicago takes care of business at home.  Here's hoping Wrigley will still be in good shape after that all-night celebration is finished.  Cubs in 5.

• Like 1