My father was 1 year old the last time the Cubs made the World Series.

But, my grandparents weren't even born yet the last time the Cubs won the World Series.

This is monumental.

Maybe Back to the Future II was just a year off?

Did everybody in EWB faint? lol

• Like 1

The two longest world series droughts in MLB facing off...perfect script. I think this could be a series for the ages. Having said that, I am very confident in the Indians due to homefield and the bullpen. They just need to get the lead to the 6th and the game is over, as was the case the first 2 rounds.

Indians in 6

• Like 2

Glad to see the Cubs breakthrough and finally get to the World Series. I know you've all had the Blackhawks recently to make you know the joy of winning, and some fella named Michael Jordan before that, but this is the big one!

What a special series. If the Cavs hadn't won the Finals it would feel like a monumental curse vs curse series that we've never seen before.

• Like 2

After the Red Sox broke their long drought in 2004, then the White Sox broke their slightly longer drought in 2005 (both of which were done in 4-0 shutouts), its amazing that its taken another 11 years for 2 more teams with long droughts (Cleveland since 1948 and the Cubs since 1908) to make it to the World Series to end one of their droughts as well.

Being from north central Indiana, I feel like I could cheer for either team, but I've gotta go with the Cubs. 2016 has been a cursed year for a lot of things, so it would be pretty fitting if one of the biggest curses was finally definitively broken.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Meacon said:

Here's hoping Srar makes it home ok. I can only imagine how crazy things are out there right now. 

I'm not sure I can overstate this but that may very well have been the greatest night of my life. Getting down there was a slog but I left late so I should have figured. I met a bunch of really cool people and we cheered and screamed and crossed our fingers and anything we could think of. I might have been on TV I'm not sure. There was a camera there. I met this cool girl and we became fast friends and when the Cubs won we hugged and we even cried. We were ridiculous :P 

After that we made our way as close to Wrigley as we could get and I could see what I think was the Fox set. Didn't see Big Hurt or any of those guys but I'm sure that's what it was. So I made a new friend and had a lot of fun.

I still can't believe this is real. I have been waiting my entire life for this :crying:

• Like 13

56 minutes ago, Fly the W! said:

I'm not sure I can overstate this but that may very well have been the greatest night of my life. Getting down there was a slog but I left late so I should have figured. I met a bunch of really cool people and we cheered and screamed and crossed our fingers and anything we could think of. I might have been on TV I'm not sure. There was a camera there. I met this cool girl and we became fast friends and when the Cubs won we hugged and we even cried. We were ridiculous :P 

After that we made our way as close to Wrigley as we could get and I could see what I think was the Fox set. Didn't see Big Hurt or any of those guys but I'm sure that's what it was. So I made a new friend and had a lot of fun.

I still can't believe this is real. I have been waiting my entire life for this :crying:

A bunch of my friends from Chicago were pretty emotional on Facebook last night, it was so cool to see, I get to room with a guy from Chicago next weekend in Florida, I am so excited to share it with these guys even from a neutral, I have no idea how baseball works, position.

Go Cubs!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Fly the W! said:

My first thought this morning was what you were feeling like since they won last night. So happy to see the Cubs get to the Series.

Also enjoyed the win cause I got to work today for it. Srar so you know the champion shirts should be going out starting tomorrow for NL champs and is Raise The Flag with saying champs and their logo on it. Really looked good when I saw them earlier.

• Like 2

http://championshipshirts.online/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Chicago-Cubs-Raise-The-Flag-Shirts.jpg

Just looked online, I don't know the coding to insert an image, but follow the link and this is the shirt minus a small sticker in the upper right corner near the shoulder area that is saying for post season.

Also, while I am at it, if anyone finds any legit sources talking about the MLB uniform deal and what is going on when more stuff comes out if it does, PLEASE tag me in it since it does involve me with working for majestic. As of right now, nothing is known due to only one source and noone from MLB to UA to VF to majestic, Fanatics, you name it have released a comment. 

• Like 2

I'm just going to say that seeing how emotional people like Bill Murray got over this does make me feel better about it. You wouldn't have had that amazing moment with a Dodgers win. 

Now go finish the job. If you let Cleveland win, they're going to get big ideas about the Browns, and that'show the world will end.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, RoHitman Reigns said:

http://championshipshirts.online/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Chicago-Cubs-Raise-The-Flag-Shirts.jpg

Just looked online, I don't know the coding to insert an image, but follow the link and this is the shirt minus a small sticker in the upper right corner near the shoulder area that is saying for post season.

Also, while I am at it, if anyone finds any legit sources talking about the MLB uniform deal and what is going on when more stuff comes out if it does, PLEASE tag me in it since it does involve me with working for majestic. As of right now, nothing is known due to only one source and noone from MLB to UA to VF to majestic, Fanatics, you name it have released a comment. 

Every family member is getting one of those shirts :lol: 

• Like 2