As much as I wish I was watching Thor pitching to the Cubs in Citi Field right now, I feel like the Mets would have only fared marginally better than the Giants have this series.  Mets stood a better chance of blasting a few out of Wrigley but Colon was never going to put together the kind of start Cueto did in Game 1.

11 minutes ago, Buschy Wonka said:

As much as I wish I was watching Thor pitching to the Cubs in Citi Field right now, I feel like the Mets would have only fared marginally better than the Giants have this series.  Mets stood a better chance of blasting a few out of Wrigley but Colon was never going to put together the kind of start Cueto did in Game 1.

aeb20b08a7f2f6ad646f519f19edd2547dff8d60

• Like 1

I was honestly ready to be like "fucking choke artists". I turned the game off at bottom 8th, thinking we were going to go to game 5, went back to watching a livestream on Twitch, and only turned it back on because someone in chat mentioned the game. Imagine how jazzed I was to see it tied 5-5.. then the go-ahead.. then that perfect 9th inning. I'm never doubting us ever again. 

EDIT: I honestly thought they'd have left Moore in. Sure, 120 pitches, but given the Giants bullpen - why not leave Moore in? Dude was dominant. 

Just now, Cloudy said:

I was honestly ready to be like "fucking choke artists". I turned the game off at bottom 8th, thinking we were going to go to game 5, went back to watching a livestream on Twitch, and only turned it back on because someone in chat mentioned the game. Imagine how jazzed I was to see it tied 5-5.. then the go-ahead.. then that perfect 9th inning. I'm never doubting us ever again. 

This is why you are the 2nd best Cubs fan :P Never count us out Clouds!

• Like 2

So happy the Nats are out.  Would still love to see the Cubs win it all but at the end of the day I'm okay with any of the remaining teams.  I'm a sucker for new teams getting in the mix - of the 4 remaining teams, the most recent World Series winner was the Blue Jays (1993) and the most recent pennant was the Indians (1997).

In a bit of a deeper dive, 28 of the 30 teams have made the playoffs since 2006 but only 6 teams have won the World Series in that span and only 11 have won a pennant.  Those numbers are now guaranteed to change to 7 and 13 no matter what since we'll be getting a fresh matchup.