The Indians pitching staff has just completely shut down the Jays' bats...if they couldn't get anything going against Tomlin who is slightly below league average, it's tough to see them getting past this series.

And Andrew Miller is absolutely unhittable.  12 batters faced, struck out 10 - all on sliders.

Miguel Montero. :D:wub:

I was sitting there thinking how amazing a pinch-hit grand slam would be while he was down 0-2, then it happened. And then Dexter Fowler! Great game.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, #BROKEN Busch said:

Game 2 is a must win for the Dodgers with Kershaw going.  If they lose that one I can't see any way they take the series.  I feel like even the Jays would stand a better chance at getting out of a 0-2 hole than LA.

Well, no worries on that. Kershaw did exactly what he was supposed to do. Close game though.

Kershaw's crazy good. I looked on the ESPN app and the odds favored the Dodgers and I wondered why, saw Kershaw was pitching, and figured it had to be entirely on the strength of his arm. Seems like I was correct in assuming that.

Taking a break from the playoffs:

DALLAS -- A WFAA-TV analysis has determined the actual costs and possible giveaways for the proposed $1 billion, retractable-roof stadium for the Texas Rangers may be much higher than the “50-50” private-public partnership touted by City of Arlington officials.

WFAA-TV became the only media outlet to challenge the “50-50” claim four months ago, with City of Arlington officials and other media disputing the News 8 report.

After further analysis, News 8 Investigates now has found its prior cost estimate to be too low. Instead, the actual cost and lost revenues to the city of Arlington may be closer to $1.675 billion over 30 years -- at least three times more than the $500 million price tag that city officials have told citizens.

Arlington residents vote on whether or not to allow the stadium deal on November 8th. 

Hi.

I just want to belatedly say that I hold the Cubs in the highest esteem and have no fucking clue how LA is still here. I kinda wish it wasn't the Cubs, only because there's a lot of chill Cubs fans, and I'll be a little sad for them,  I dunno...

Also, I feel real bad just showing up now when I've been gone all season, but damned if you do, damned if you don't.