21 hours ago, Cloudy said:

Taking a break from the playoffs:

Arlington residents vote on whether or not to allow the stadium deal on November 8th. 

I hope they vote against it. Public money paying for these stadiums is just so stupid, and it almost never works out. 

EDIT - well, except for the team owners.

Edited by Toe
  • Like 1

I want the Cubs to lose only to see what Teej will say on Facebook :shifty: 

But seriously, I enjoy a series that isn't all one sided like my American League series has been so this back and forth stuff is right up my alley. I only got to watch post 6th inning last night and by that time the damage was already done but I still enjoyed what I saw. 

I agree. I've hated the idea of owners using the possibility of relocation to threaten the citizens into paying for a new stadium when they're sitting on their hundreds of millions, if not billions, of dollars. Total horseshit. 

And I'm ok with the Cubs choking again. Their appeal to me is their loveable loser tag. If they win the World Series, they're no better than the Red Sox.

I didn't mind seeing Boston's drought ending at the time because it was something I never thought I'd see, and yes, being in a high school with predominantly Yankee fans I couldn't help but enjoy seeing the ALCS meltdown.  :P  But then they won 2 more titles within a decade and their pampered fans became all the more unbearable, along with all of the other Boston sports triumphs in that span.

Similarly the Cubs do win it all, I kinda hope it's the only title they win with this group.  There's little reason to expect them to not be contenders for years with this group but the novelty will wear off fast.  But winning the title this year is fine by me, crazy to realize that no living person can remember their last title win.

2 hours ago, Forky said:

I want the Cubs to lose only to see what Teej will say on Facebook :shifty: 

But seriously, I enjoy a series that isn't all one sided like my American League series has been so this back and forth stuff is right up my alley. I only got to watch post 6th inning last night and by that time the damage was already done but I still enjoyed what I saw. 

2 hours ago, Meacon said:

I agree. I've hated the idea of owners using the possibility of relocation to threaten the citizens into paying for a new stadium when they're sitting on their hundreds of millions, if not billions, of dollars. Total horseshit. 

And I'm ok with the Cubs choking again. Their appeal to me is their loveable loser tag. If they win the World Series, they're no better than the Red Sox.

1 hour ago, #BROKEN Busch said:

I didn't mind seeing Boston's drought ending at the time because it was something I never thought I'd see, and yes, being in a high school with predominantly Yankee fans I couldn't help but enjoy seeing the ALCS meltdown.  :P  But then they won 2 more titles within a decade and their pampered fans became all the more unbearable, along with all of the other Boston sports triumphs in that span.

Similarly the Cubs do win it all, I kinda hope it's the only title they win with this group.  There's little reason to expect them to not be contenders for years with this group but the novelty will wear off fast.  But winning the title this year is fine by me, crazy to realize that no living person can remember their last title win.

All 3 of you can go to hell and I mean that sincerely and without the slightest bit of humor

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, #BROKEN Busch said:

Hey now, at least I acknowledged that I'd like to see the Cubs win it al this year, just not win a bunch.  :(

Tbf, the idea of any team other than my own winning a bunch of titles in rapid succession is something I'll always root again.

That is fair. But talking about the novelty wearing off or whatever is annoying. Always root for your team but don't root against my team just because them winning wont be interesting anymore.

• Like 1