Therefore, the Cubs win.

Cubs last appeared in the World Series in 1945. 1+9+4+5=19
Indians last appearance was in 1997. 1+9+9+7=26
Not a clean sweep.

2+6+1+9=18

18 and 45 are both divisible by 3.
18/3=6 and 45/3=15
1+5+6=12
Divide by the two teams in the World Series and The Handsome Luchadore Athletic Commission picks the Chicago Cubs to win in SIX games.

• Like 1

On 10/23/2016 at 20:17, Fly the W! said:

Normally I would be right there with you but this is history! :P 

I did the same thing in 2006 when the Tigers won the ALCS. Looking at the "AL Champions" hat only hurt more when they shit themselves in the World Series and lost in 5.

Ugh. Joe West is going to be one of the umpires for the Series. I wish they'd fire his incompetent/crooked ass.

If the Cubs lose due to West rather than being outplayed, I suspect he'd better own a passport.

Edited by GhostMachine

13 hours ago, TheSqauredCircleMessiah said:

I did the same thing in 2006 when the Tigers won the ALCS. Looking at the "AL Champions" hat only hurt more when they shit themselves in the World Series and lost in 5.

I have a 2015 Mets/Royals World Series pennant in my cube at work.  My colleague was at Game 5 last year and he bought it for me, and of course they lost the Series that night and he gave me the pennant the next day.  Hanging it up was bittersweet but I didn't want to be rude.  I also got a NL Champs shirt for Christmas that year and of course politely accepted it but I don't think I've worn it once.

Oddly though, I actually have division champs gear from 2006 and 2015 :blush: 2006 was the first time I ever saw them win the division and last year of course had the incredible second half and overtaking the Nats.  Both times I just got swept up in the moment when I got the gear, probably wouldn't have bothered with division gear had they won it in 2007 or even this year when they were expected to.  It was more about commemorating the improbable journey.

Kyle Schwarber's on the Cubs' World Series roster, after having missed pretty much all of the regular season. He's not cleared to play on the field, but Maddon's considering using him as a DH.

fucking

really

i'm gonna be over here dying a little

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

JESUS FUCK

David Ross, you're a hero and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

On 10/24/2016 at 20:46, The Handsome Luchadore said:

Lemme do the math.
THE STREAK ended April 6th, 2014. 4+6+20+14=44
THIS NUMBER IS RELEVANT.

Cubs record: 103-58. Equals 45
Indians record: 94-67. Equals 27
Therefore, the Cubs win.

Cubs last appeared in the World Series in 1945. 1+9+4+5=19
Indians last appearance was in 1997. 1+9+9+7=26
Not a clean sweep.

2+6+1+9=18

18 and 45 are both divisible by 3.
18/3=6 and 45/3=15
1+5+6=12
Divide by the two teams in the World Series and The Handsome Luchadore Athletic Commission picks the Chicago Cubs to win in SIX games.

Hey this is my gimmick and you used it on my birthday no less. That's a paddlin'

• Like 1