MLB The Show - General Discussion

Meacon Keaton

22 hours ago, Meacon Keaton said:

Yeah! Nobody wants to play in Canada!

Well, then they can go ahead and geeett oooooottt.

EDIT:

So, if you go into Franchise and create a team, you can export it as a save so that you can use it later as well.

To make a full 30 team league, you would start a franchise, choose to replace a team and create your team. Export it as a save, exit, and repeat until you have everything you want... then when you load up, you just need to go in and replace all 30 teams with your created teams.

NL West: Calgary, Edmonton, Richmond, Vancouver and Team British Columbia

NL Central: Hamilton, London, Winnipeg, Team Alberta and Team Saskatchewan

NL East: Erie, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, St. John's

My American League cities, I haven't decided on yet, but I'm going to create all 30 teams and do a fantasy draft. 

Edited by Gabriel

• 3 weeks later...

I got my league all set up with 30 created teams, did my expansion draft and have started the season! I didn't realize that you can't select your uniforms though, so I am going to have to fix a couple before season two, so that I don't have two teams playing each other wearing colors that are too similar.

In regards to the game though, MLB 20... did they break the ability to send just one runner when you're trying to steal a base? Every time I have a guy on first and third and try to send the runner from first only, both guys go. I'm using the exact same method that worked in MLB 19, so maybe they changed it? Anybody know?

48 minutes ago, Gabriel said:

I got my league all set up with 30 created teams, did my expansion draft and have started the season! I didn't realize that you can't select your uniforms though, so I am going to have to fix a couple before season two, so that I don't have two teams playing each other wearing colors that are too similar.

In regards to the game though, MLB 20... did they break the ability to send just one runner when you're trying to steal a base? Every time I have a guy on first and third and try to send the runner from first only, both guys go. I'm using the exact same method that worked in MLB 19, so maybe they changed it? Anybody know?

You have to point the left stick at the runner you want to send when you hit the button. If you are using the PCI when batting, it can be a bit tricky. 

13 minutes ago, Toe said:

You have to point the left stick at the runner you want to send when you hit the button. If you are using the PCI when batting, it can be a bit tricky. 

That's what I have been doing, so I was a little bit upset when a runner got tossed out at home. Left stick to the right, then hit L2. Might it be because I'm also hitting L1 as the pitcher begins his delivery to give my runners a bit more of a lead? I will try that out tomorrow, not hitting L1 and see if that helps out. In MLB 19, both runners would take that extra step with L1, but only the runner at first would go if I targeted him originally.

I just finished my 5th season with the Chicago White Sox with 119 wins in the regular season and our 2nd World Series win in seven games over the New York Mets. Gary Sanchez had a 2 home run, 7 RBI game in the final game and wasn't even the World Series MVP!

The off-season was probably the most boring I've had in this franchise. I traded away Robbie Ray as he had fallen off a bit and used the savings to sign Shane Carle and Matt Wisler to beef up my bullpen. I also didn't resign the 92 overall Reynaldo Lopez since he was asking for nearly $30 million a season. Those moves were made possible by big jumps in the previous season by Michael Kopech, Dylan Cease, and Alec Hansen. 

Jose Abreu had a good year, but his stats have fallen big time so I finally made the move to put Daniel Palka (reigning AL MVP) at first base, which frees up my DH spot for resting players throughout the season. 

• 1 month later...

Yeah, I'm skeptical that the PS4 version will be much more than a roster update.  I'm likely giving it a skip regardless as, despite being a good game, I played last year's a whole lot less than I normally do and that's despite being home like everyone else.  I got into a bunch of other games on the PS4 and my PC.

4 minutes ago, Buschie Lee said:

Yeah, I'm skeptical that the PS4 version will be much more than a roster update.  I'm likely giving it a skip regardless as, despite being a good game, I played last year's a whole lot less than I normally do and that's despite being home like everyone else.  I got into a bunch of other games on the PS4 and my PC.

Same here. I actually played The Show a hell of a lot less and OOTP a hell of a lot more. Whenever I get a PS5, likely in a few years, I'll hop back on The Show train, but until then I'm fine playing '20 whenever I get the urge which isn't very often. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, How The Cloud Stole Christ said:

Oh shit, it's going to be on Xbox this year?!

Part of Sony's new publishing deal with the MLB stated that the game had to come to platforms other than Playstation. That means that we've got the unprecedented case of a Sony-published game coming out on a Microsoft console.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm thinkng I kinda want to get the next game on my fancy new Xbox but then I'll lose my Franchise that's on year 3 of me playing every single game. Would you guys stick with the inferior version just to save a long running game? Or would you bit the bullet and start over knowing you'll have the Xbox for like 10 years or whatever the cycles are these days?

It's an interesting one. I'm not someone who buys the game every year, so it's not a problem I have. Maybe it would be worth seeing what the next-gen versions look like in comparison with the previous-gen games. Things like these make me really wish that cross-platform progression was more common.

It depends on how much you're really into your current franchise. If you're really into it, keep playing the PS4 version and buy next year's when they really enhance it with the new fangled technology the new XBOX has. If you're not really too into it, go ahead and upgrade and start anew. If I had a next gen console, I'd imagine I'd get it on the new shiny toy unless I was hardcore into my current franchise, which I currently am not. 

17 hours ago, Your Mom said:

I'm thinkng I kinda want to get the next game on my fancy new Xbox but then I'll lose my Franchise that's on year 3 of me playing every single game. Would you guys stick with the inferior version just to save a long running game? Or would you bit the bullet and start over knowing you'll have the Xbox for like 10 years or whatever the cycles are these days?

There are no year-to-year saves for the upcoming version of the game... so if you upgrade to MLB 21, you'll have to start a brand new franchise regardless of what system you play on.

On a more positive note, it's leaked that Stadium Creator will be included in this year's game in some form. That will be a nice addition, as playing with relocated franchises can be a little annoying when you see a bunch of branding from MLB teams on the field.