MLB The Show - General Discussion

Meacon Keaton

1 minute ago, FLiam said:

Downloaded the new game today and I swear pitches come at you a lot slower despite them being 97mph pitches. 

Im early on everything. It’s driving me nuts.

1 hour ago, Your Mom said:

Just now trying the new one out. Can you not carry over your old stuff? Am I missing something obvious? I really don't want to start over :( 

I’ve read this as a big criticism of the game - no way to transfer data from previous edition(s).

• Sad 1

I'm glad this is on Game Pass. I enjoy these games, but I can't justify paying full price for something that changes so little year-to-year.

The new commentary seems like a big step down. I was hearing multiple repeated lines after less than an hour of play.

15 hours ago, FLiam said:

I’ve read this as a big criticism of the game - no way to transfer data from previous edition(s).

Something that got added in MLB 21 allegedly made it very difficult for them to make the year-to-year saves work. I can't remember what it was exactly, but part of me wants to say it was the extra few players that you get in Franchise mode now. Rosters going from 90 to 93 sounds like something that was brought up as a reason why... though, I'm not sure how, as they could have just had a converter in-game for the year-to-year saves that randomly generates 90 players to be split among the 30 teams... or you know, every team could have just had three extra spots added upon conversion. There's always lots of free agents.

There must have been something else, under the hood, that really put a damper on it. Which is truly a shame, because it means that I'll be sticking with MLB 20 for as long as I can due to the insane amount of time I have put into this franchise. I've created an entire world that I'd like to see through.

Anyone know why they switched announcers? Boog is our Cubbies guy so it's an easy change for me but it seems like they've always had the same guys doing it for years

Also playing my traditional "I can't remember what difficulty works for me game". I'm up 13-0 in the bottom of the 3rd :lol: 

9 hours ago, Your Mom said:

Anyone know why they switched announcers? Boog is our Cubbies guy so it's an easy change for me but it seems like they've always had the same guys doing it for years

Also playing my traditional "I can't remember what difficulty works for me game". I'm up 13-0 in the bottom of the 3rd :lol: 

I realized that the difficulty was why pitches were coming at me so slow. I usually work with dynamic, so I guess it started me right at the easiest level and takes a while to increase? 

I promised to do no trades right away and just build up my teams in Franchise but because I hate myself I checked what it would cost to get the band back together. Yankees and Rockies weren't interested but the Tigers were more than willing to trade Javy for a very reasonable price. I held off though because I really want to stick to this rebuild thing. It was so tempting though! :crying: 

I couldn't resist and bought the new game on PS4. I love the new presentation and announcers. I actually liked the old crew, but it's really refreshing to hear some new voices. Too bad they couldn't have both teams as options so you could flip back and forth.

I'm almost halfway through season one with the Rangers. Jack Leiter is leading the AL in strikeouts and wins, and is top 5 in ERA. I decided to get ahead of the trade deadline and sent two pretty good outfield prospects to Oakland for Ramon Laureano. My outfield has been a huge weakness, and since we are looking like wild card contenders alongside the Mariners and Blue Jays, I wanted to fix the problem ASAP. 

On 12/04/2022 at 23:16, Your Mom said:

I'm only on Game 7 of my franchise and I am already thinking about trading Jonathan Villar because I am sick of hearing about how he "might be thinking about HR number 100". He is not a great HR hitter! This is going to take time and patience I don't have :( 

I know everyone was worried about this :lol: But fear not! Villar hit HR number 100 in game 9 and gets to remain a Cub! :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am kinda enjoying struggling and not being able to trade for the guys with the best stats. I keep checking though because I hate myself and the Tigers are practically begging me to take Javy and the Rockies are even open to trading Bryant. But I'm holding strong! So far :P 

That being said I don't know if you can technically call it struggling. I'm 7-4 and in first place at the moment. I've blown out the Pirates twice and been blown out by the Brewers but every other game has been super competitive and a lot more fun this year.

• 2 weeks later...

My stepson has it and is playing as a dual position pitcher/shortstop, for the Red Sox (was with the Orioles in his previous game). 

I wish someone would make a decent baseball game for PC. Haven't had a console since the PS2.

• Like 1