Sky Bet EFL 2016/17

Lineker

4 minutes ago, MDK said:

Beryl has been bumped up from Tea Lady to Gaffer.

Clearly this is poor oversight as who's now going to be making the cups of tea and bringing the biscuits round. 

No wonder there's been issues with the club!!

8 minutes ago, Davidmarrio said:

Clearly this is poor oversight as who's now going to be making the cups of tea and bringing the biscuits round. 

No wonder there's been issues with the club!!

Brad Bobley is free. But I guess they'll have to get used to coffee.

For anyone looking for something to watch tonight, Doncaster Rovers host Portsmouth on Sky Sports tonight, 7.45pm kick-off in League Two.

At this rate I'll be watching it on a screen myself as I have been struck down with the second wave of beubonic plague it seems and sitting out in the cold all evening probably won't help.

23 hours ago, Adam said:

For anyone looking for something to watch tonight, Doncaster Rovers host Portsmouth on Sky Sports tonight, 7.45pm kick-off in League Two.

At this rate I'll be watching it on a screen myself as I have been struck down with the second wave of beubonic plague it seems and sitting out in the cold all evening probably won't help.

That second goal was liquid football

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MDK said:

That second goal was liquid football

So, so good. I thought the game was a great advert for League Two, really enjoyed it. Great win, and it made sitting out in the cold making my illness worse completely worth it.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Adam said:

So, so good. I thought the game was a great advert for League Two, really enjoyed it. Great win, and it made sitting out in the cold making my illness worse completely worth it.

There are many good players in the lower leagues and even non-league you will find a bit of class. More top teams should take a chance on some lower league players even though not every player will be a Dele Alli or a Jamie Vardy. Its good to see that our pyramid is pretty decent, I dunno how many other countries have it as good at a lower level as us.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Adam said:

I would stake the claim (and defend to the hilt) that England has the best overall pyramid of football in the world, the quality even in the third tier in other leading nations just isn't close to the standard here.

Even in non-league we have a national league and just below that it is separated into Norf and Saaf. In other countries it would be lots of regional leagues. In France when you get to the fourth tier it is regional, in Germany it is the fourth tier that gets regional and in Spain it is the third tier that gets regional AND it gets padded out a bit with the big clubs reserve teams.

6 minutes ago, 9 to 5 said:

I don't think any other country off the top of my head has four leagues that are fully professional, nevermind a fifth that practically is as well.

Scotland has four tiers but they only have ten teams in each and a few of them are amateur I think.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Lineker said:

I saw that earlier. You can tell he is cut up about it but trying to put a bit of a face on. Such a big manly man almost brought to tears. Also I didn't realise Al Murray was managing Morecambe. 

• Like 1