Sky Bet EFL 2016/17

Lineker

20 hours ago, Liam said:

Fulham vs Reading has been abandoned at half time due to mist also.

This was a stupid decision. The fog was awful first half, I couldn't see a corner being taken from the other end of the stadium. By the time they made the announcement it was over the fog had lifted. People were not happy, including both clubs.

1 minute ago, Twist said:

This was a stupid decision. The fog was awful first half, I couldn't see a corner being taken from the other end of the stadium. By the time they made the announcement it was over the fog had lifted. People were not happy, including both clubs.

Yeah, I saw the pictures. Looked the best it had been when it was called off.

1 minute ago, Twist said:

Yeovil vs Pompy was the opposite I think. The Pompy twitter stream was just guessing at what was going on. I think they finished the match, not sure.

Just now, Liam said:

Yeah, I saw the pictures. Looked the best it had been when it was called off.

Oh, easily the clearest it had been all night. The kicker being I still need to pay for the replay (abliet half price).

Just now, Twist said:

Oh, easily the clearest it had been all night. The kicker being I still need to pay for the replay (abliet half price).

To be fair, I feel like we'd be more likely to beat you later on, considering all the shit with Chris Martin that happened before kick off.

4 hours ago, lanky316 said:

I wish, I wish I knew why Stevenage are so shit at home. If we could play every match away we'd have the league sewn up by now :shifty:

I don't see how, as you lost away today :P

I'm quite surprised you've won six in a row on the road before coming here actually, unless you don't usually pack 11 eleven men behind the ball and resort to petty fouls every time the opportunity arises. Was a hell of a grind for us today but a well deserved win, had to laugh at the Stevenage players hurtling around trying to get the ball back in play in the last five minutes having spent the entire second half until our goal time wasting ridiculously.

Top of the league again, but a big game coming up now against Portsmouth on Thursday night (thanks, Sky) that we need to get something in.

3 hours ago, R.W. said:

I want to play Newcastle every week.

I reckon that's what everyone says at the moment. Blackburn are one of the few teams with the sense not to turn up and roll over for us, both times you've closed us down and we don't know how to cope.

I hope so. Alan Hardy is a fan of the club and I'd like to think that he'll look to bring in the right sort of manager, rather than resorting to Ray Trew's normal tactic of appointing people he presumably met at the bus stop before a match. That's one of the reasons I'm disappointed that Sheridan didn't work out, given that he was a rare example of someone with a respectable lower league track record getting the manager's position.

Whoever comes in, this transfer window could be crucial. As it stands right now, the squad doesn't have an awful lot going for it, and a shake-up in defence should be top of the priority list. I'd be happy just for the club to avoid relegation at this point, though.

3 hours ago, Adam said:

I don't see how, as you lost away today :P

I'm quite surprised you've won six in a row on the road before coming here actually, unless you don't usually pack 11 eleven men behind the ball and resort to petty fouls every time the opportunity arises. Was a hell of a grind for us today but a well deserved win, had to laugh at the Stevenage players hurtling around trying to get the ball back in play in the last five minutes having spent the entire second half until our goal time wasting ridiculously.

Top of the league again, but a big game coming up now against Portsmouth on Thursday night (thanks, Sky) that we need to get something in.

There was a certain inevitability the minute my frustrations at our inability to get a point at home we lose away :P 

I think that playing away and having teams come at us has been a factor. Not usually quite as cynical as we appeared at times today but patient, soak it all up and counter has probably been a factor in the away form.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, lanky316 said:

There was a certain inevitability the minute my frustrations at our inability to get a point at home we lose away :P 

I think that playing away and having teams come at us has been a factor. Not usually quite as cynical as we appeared at times today but patient, soak it all up and counter has probably been a factor in the away form.

The one thing I will give you is that you were very organised, but were one of the least ambitious teams I've seen against us in years.

@Bobfoc, I hope you turn it around and stay up. You've had enough disappointment with off-fieldissues affecting the playing side the last few years!

• Like 1