Sky Bet EFL 2016/17

Lineker

3 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

Seems like Leeds have got a good owner finally. Radrizzani is an expert in things like TV and image rights, and the company behind him is kinda massive in that field.

He's actually left his role in that sports media company (so i understand) in order to focus on this takeover. He supposedly has links with a wealthy Chinese business that wants to take on the club but even if that doesn't come to fruition I'm confident that Radrizanni has enough business acumen and contacts to be successful.

From what i gather, worst case scenario is he's a sensible businessman with contacts in the business and sporting world and should run the club successfully. Best case scenario he's going to flip the club to wealthy Chinese owners but maintaining some financial interest in the club.

Given this and our recent, relative to recent years, on field success; I'm optimistic for once.

What the fuck blues? 7th in the table, 6 points clear of the villa and well placed to push for finishing in the playoffs if we spend some money in January and we sack Rowett after the unbelievable job he's done turning us around after the shit show that was the Lee Clark era? Fucking ridiculous!

6 hours ago, hugobomb said:

What the fuck blues? 7th in the table, 6 points clear of the villa and well placed to push for finishing in the playoffs if we spend some money in January and we sack Rowett after the unbelievable job he's done turning us around after the shit show that was the Lee Clark era? Fucking ridiculous!

Hey, the Lee Clark era at least brought you the everlasting image of the gurning chimp hurtling down the sidelines in glee at pipping Doncaster Rovers to safety on goal difference with the last kick of the season.

And @Matt, can't believe I'm saying this but I'm happy for Leeds fans to finally (seemingly anyway) being able to get a half decent person in charge of your club. God knows you've suffered enough on that front.

9 hours ago, hugobomb said:

:lol: small club mindset. 

Speaking of our boy, he's done it again! A brilliant free kick to win us the game 1-0 against Grimsby and go back to the top of the league, for a few hours at least.

I've just realised we seem to have played all the League 2 'EWB derbies' in succession the last few weeks. - beat Stevenage, beat Orient, lost to Plymouth and now beaten Grimsby. Not bad going.

• Like 1

Ray Trew has agreed to sell Notts County to Alan Hardy, hopefully ending what a frustrating saga that has lasted since February. I know it won't mean much to most people here, but, with sources suggesting the club is dangerously close to administration, this is the best football-related news I've had in quite a while.

• Like 1