UEFA Champions League 2016/17

DFF

It annoys me as well when the commentators say that Bayern have been 'unlucky'. It's not luck, it's incompetence and for supposedly the biggest tournament in the sport, in a match being played by arguably two of the three best teams in the world, having so many decisions be called wrong and in the favour of one team is unacceptable. Even more so when video technology could have been used to look at Vidal's second booking, which was a clean tackle and two of Madrid's goals should have been disallowed, one of which was clearly offside by at least a yard.

• Like 2

I think everyone is at least a little anyone but Real. 

Fuck Ronaldo acting billy big bollocks with his celebrations after his two offside tap-ins, Bayern got absolutely shafted last night. Juventus are the best team left, Atletico have deserved one for years and Monaco's young team will be decimated after this year. I just want Juve-Real in the semi because I think Real will get done over two legs.

Edited by TCO
  • Like 1

I'm happy with them ties. I don't think I could have been bothered with another all Madrid final. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I suppose if Atletico are gonna get beat by Real, better to do it in the semis then suffer a 3rd final defeat to your rivals.  

Buffon had played in his first World Cup before Mbappe had been born.

Also, this poem by Buffon:

"I was 12 when I turned my back on you, denying my past to guarantee you a safe future.

I went with my heart

I went with my instinct

But the day I stopped looking you in the face is also the day that I started to love you

To protect you

To be your first and last line of defence

I promised myself that I would do everything not to see your face again. Or that I would do it as little as possible. It was painful every time I did, turning round and realising I had disappointed you.

Again

And again.

We have always been opposites yet we are complementary, like the sun and the moon. Forced to live side by side without being able to touch. Team-mates for life, a life in which we are denied all contact

More than 25 years ago I made my vow: I swore to protect you. Look after you. A shield against all your enemies. I’ve always thought about your welfare, putting it first even ahead of my own.

I was 12 when I turned my back on my goal. And I will keep doing it as long as my legs, my head and my heart will allow.”

Its been raining on my face.

• Like 2

That dribble by Benzema was absolutely filthy. Such a great piece of skill. 

That Real Madrid goal killed this game off. Dull second half compared to the first. 

1 minute ago, Davidmarrio said:

That dribble by Benzema was absolutely filthy. Such a great piece of skill. 

That Real Madrid goal killed this game off. Dull second half compared to the first. 

I think Atleti had run themselves into the ground too early, but it did make the first half very interesting.