UEFA Champions League 2016/17

DFF

• Admin

There's been a serious crowd disturbance in Madrid, ahead of tonight's Atletico Madrid v Leicester City match.

BBC reporters in the Plaza Mayor say bottles were thrown into the air, and a flare was let off, before police charged across the square.

Phil Mackie has tweeted that police went on a baton charge - and has seen evidence of baton injuries on English fans.

Videos on Twitter, apparently taken earlier, showed fans singing 'Gibraltar is ours' and songs about the second world war.

One eyewitness told BBC Radio Leicester: "Police were ploughing into bars and hitting people as hard as they could".

Have I slipped into some sort of mirror world where the rules of football are different? I've watched two different streams with two different commentary teams who have both said the first goal was onside.

monaco.png

8 minutes ago, Colly said:

I reckon that's on the line and therefore a pen, doesn't matter how many times BT Sport freeze it just before the foul...

I only saw it the once but I'm not even convinced it was a foul 

Ref's trying to gift Real the game. Bottled sending off Casemiro for a clear second yellow and then sends off Vidal for a second yellow when he won the ball with minimal contact.

14 hours ago, Gazz said:

Ref's trying to gift Real the game. Bottled sending off Casemiro for a clear second yellow and then sends off Vidal for a second yellow when he won the ball with minimal contact.

Well between this game, and the Barcelona/PSG fergie-time-deluxe game, I fully believe that they're trying to get a classico finals in any way possible. Not even 4-0 slaughters can stop it from happening. :shifty: