UEFA Champions League 2016/17

DFF

Great draw, quite looking forward to seeing how Leicester do against Atleti.

I hope it's not too much to ask also that in the semis, the Bayern/Real winner draws Barca/Juve, so we get one of the 'smaller' teams in the final.

1 minute ago, Adam said:

Great draw, quite looking forward to seeing how Leicester do against Atleti.

I hope it's not too much to ask also that in the semis, the Bayern/Real winner draws Barca/Juve, so we get one of the 'smaller' teams in the final.

To be fair, Atletico have made their fair share of finals in the past few years and are definitely not a small team! :P

I love that draw though. The Champions League has been great this year and all those ties will be fantastic! 

16 minutes ago, TCO said:

To be fair, Atletico have made their fair share of finals in the past few years and are definitely not a small team! :P

I love that draw though. The Champions League has been great this year and all those ties will be fantastic! 

No but they are not one of the established big boys, and they like Dortmund have lost in the UCL Final in recent years to one of said big teams. It's all relative at this stage.

For me, of the 8 teams left the hierarchy is like this:

Barca/Bayern/Real

Juve/Atleti/Dortmund

Leicester/Monaco

So the fact that essentially the four biggest teams all drew each other is great, and it could lead to a final I'm actually interested in.

I hope Monaco get to the final. They've been an exciting team to watch this year and they've got some cracking players in the team. 

1 hour ago, TCO said:

I want Monaco or Leicester to win it too.

Monaco's team is so young and so talented, they won't have long before the big boys pick their team apart.

About three months I would imagine.

I'm quite looking forward to Dortmund/ Monaco being 14-14 on aggregate.

22 minutes ago, Handsome Gazz said:

About three months I would imagine.

Its depressing really. No matter how many youth products a team produces or success they have, its always short term until the usual suspects fling money at them.

I can see Mbappe having his own Stormzy video and hashtag while lauding it in the Europa League within a year. 

• 4 weeks later...