Fire Pro Wrestling World

Liam

also, here's a showing of what can be done just by altering frames and splicing animations in Move Craft.

Woops, first move didn't get capped. Here's my original recording of it

32 minutes ago, Meacon Keaton said:

Whoa, you use Fire Pro a whole lot different that me. 

😄 The risque moves are all made for a single edit whose character is a lot like Priscilla Kelly (though I hadn't heard of Kelly when I created her, more of a happy coincidence). The triangle chokes demonstrated are not part of her moveset and were created for a strong style character. My women's wrestling is more SHIMMER-like than anything (though I also have deathmatch women's wrestlers, and lucharesu gimmicky characters in the vein of Chikara)

Oh, and for those wondering, the reason why there's two copies of created moves are so I can share edits on the workshop. For whatever reason, Spike made it so even if you created the move, you have to subcribe to the move and used the subscribed version to upload an edit with said creative move.

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, VerbalPuke said:

My first match ends in a draw. Ishii vs. Taichi. I control most of the match, get a few near falls, Taichi knocks me out of the ring. We brawl, don't realize how fast the ref counts so I drop Taichi with a brain buster on the arena floor as the ref counts us both out. 

Ok, that was fun.

Your son got a nice christmas gift, I see. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Hey, think of it as teaching his son about Fire Pro Simming.

So the story is last month my kid saw Liger on the WWE Network. He thought he was the coolest looking wrestler ever. Then he wanted to see Liger in a video game (i don't know why), so I figured I'd show him Fire Pro. He thought it looked cool and asked if we could get it. So...Christmas gift it was. I did explain we'd probably need to learn to play this together because its obviously much different than WWE 2k series. 

Couple of quick observations...

Was happy to see I can set this to the lowest difficulty and not get my ass kicked. Wasn't sure how difficult it would but I kind of got the hang of grappling. 

Graphics are what they are....but actually really cool. The characters looked big and colorful. The characters looked like who they should be. 

I went into edit mode. That was overwhelming so I backed away slowly. 

Assuming to download content I need to go to online play then probably pay for playstation plus? Bah....but not the end of the world. 

Edit mode has a steep learning curve, but once you learn it, you'll be able to make damn near anyone.

As far as downloading edits, I don't know how it works for PS.

Difficulty wise, it's all about the grapple timing. How they fight is due to programmed AI (which is individually made for every individual wrestler, built-in or edit doesn't matter), difficulty doesn't change it. Difficulty is all about how much of a window you have to win a grapple. At 10, you have to be near-frame perfect.

Also if you do get downloaded edits, keep in mind that the hardcore playerbase is all about simming matches and not playing, so most you find will be more built towards working a match than being a challenge.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BayOROnetta said:

Edit mode has a steep learning curve, but once you learn it, you'll be able to make damn near anyone.

As far as downloading edits, I don't know how it works for PS.

Difficulty wise, it's all about the grapple timing. How they fight is due to programmed AI (which is individually made for every individual wrestler, built-in or edit doesn't matter), difficulty doesn't change it. Difficulty is all about how much of a window you have to win a grapple. At 10, you have to be near-frame perfect.

Also if you do get downloaded edits, keep in mind that the hardcore playerbase is all about simming matches and not playing, so most you find will be more built towards working a match than being a challenge.

I actually did figure it out now, they have a website where you sign in with your playstation account. Browsing now, I remember somebody mentioning some downloads have moves/attire that need to be unlocked in game? Safe to assume 0 requirements means I wouldn't need to unlock stuff? 

And yeah, edit mode looks really in depth. I figured out that each body part can take a ton of layers, so when i was messing around I put a bunch of hair styles on a dude.

Yeah that makes sense, I forgot that a lot of people use this for simming. Never really tried that but it sounds interesting. But if need be I imagine i can tweak things in edit mode.

Actually...once I figure out edit mode I'd love to get all previous CAWS ive made into this and create a video game equivalent of that database i was doing for EWR, probably on a much smaller scale.

I would not assume that. Thing is, it's not easy to keep track of everything that is and isn't DLC or unlockable. Unless they actually specify what needs to be done, best to presume there's plenty of DLC/unlockable moves in there.

In fact, I'd recommend just going ahead and beating all the mission mode matches. No need to get S-rank, just need to beat them.

Well I actually just downloaded like sixteen different people and was able to use them. I was able to figure things out between Youtube and tinkering. I basically tried to fill out the rest of the NJPW roster from around 2018 so it's possible those downloads already had what they needed in game. Also grabbed Balor, Nakamura, Vader, and Sting just because. I did start mission mode yesterday but am still in the early stages of that. 

32 minutes ago, VerbalPuke said:

Well I actually just downloaded like sixteen different people and was able to use them. I was able to figure things out between Youtube and tinkering. I basically tried to fill out the rest of the NJPW roster from around 2018 so it's possible those downloads already had what they needed in game. Also grabbed Balor, Nakamura, Vader, and Sting just because. I did start mission mode yesterday but am still in the early stages of that. 

Please be Tomato/Lobster Sting....

• Like 1

It was regular Sting, I think with four costumes. 

So I had to see what an Endless Battle Royal was. Was not disappointed. Just hit random and I was given Kazuchika Okada. OK, no complaints there. The others were Cody Rhodes, Satoshi Kojima, Jamie Wilson, Jushin Liger, Keichirio Asakwa, BUSHI, and YOSHI-HASHI. 

Tons of fun. Found it odd that the defeated wrestlers stayed greyed out but maybe thats what endless meant. Anyway, I won the match last defeating HASHI....then discovered I can attack people after the match. So I attacked everybody still greyed out and standing. It was awesome, the bell was ringing, I was hitting DDTs, and it ended with me putting one of them in a reverse chinlock. I love this game. 

• Like 3

Well Endless just means the defeated wrestlers stay in there, the greying out is just a visual aid to remind you who's out.

Downloaded the game again on my new laptop, subscribed to a load of edits, then upon booting up the game, realise half of them need DLC. Might wait until there’s a further sale for the entire bundle because I assume that’s what I’ll need.

Did start with a banger of a match between Cesaro and Riddle though.

Might kick-start a random tag team tournament with the edits I can use at least.

• Like 2

So if you put a hold on somebody after a match it'll just stay on. Figured that out when I noticed the Luchasaurus I found online has a mounted forearm type move. So I beat Eddie Kingston and then after the match I put that move on and pummeled him until the game decided thats enough.

I think every single match I've had had a post-match beatdown. I can't help it, its too funny.

• Like 1

On 27/12/2020 at 17:59, Liam Mk2 said:

Downloaded the game again on my new laptop, subscribed to a load of edits, then upon booting up the game, realise half of them need DLC. Might wait until there’s a further sale for the entire bundle because I assume that’s what I’ll need.

Did start with a banger of a match between Cesaro and Riddle though.

Might kick-start a random tag team tournament with the edits I can use at least.

I've been managing to find a good portion not needing DLC, but I'm on PS4 so don't think that helps. But if it does I can't figure out which editors I've used that didn't have a lot of DLC.

As I subscribe to more I'm finding....how the hell do I want to organize rosters? Some is simple enough, NJPW is easy, then a section for legends of NJPW. Cool. I have WWF/E and then broke that into Raw/Smackdown/NXT and then just an "Old School" slot for I guess anybody that is a legend/hall of famer/etc. 

Also have ECW and WCW. I so far just broker WCW into "Nitro" and "nWo" since most of the edits are from 97/98. 

I also decided to get a bunch of dudes from FMW, W*NG, and BJPW because there are death matches. So I did Onita vs. Mr. Pogo last night and imagine my surprise when Pogo starts slicing me with his scythe. Ok I wasn't surprised, but my kids sure as hell were. Anyway, that match ruled. 

• Like 1

Yeah, I honestly love it. It doesn't feel that much different than something WCW/NWO Revenge except your timing needs to be way better (and this is a good thing because I love Revenge). 

I wasn't sure what to expect, I figured if I sucked hard at the game I'd at least have fun simming. But honestly, I found it pretty easy to get the hang of after some training missions. There's still a lot more for me to learn and get the hang of (starting to kind of figure out the right spot for striking) but yeah, I'll probably be playing this for years honestly. 

Probably time I increase the CPU Level though, since I seem to be able to win fairly easy.