Fire Pro Wrestling World

Liam

On 08/01/2021 at 19:47, Liam Mk2 said:

This is the worst sort of game to get if you have even the mildest forms of OCD. 

Yeah, there are wrestlers I haven't downloaded because I don't like how their name is formatted. 😆

I hadn't played this in probably over a year, but had been meaning to check out Fire Promoter mode after I guested on someone's Twitch stream. I was self-isolating over Christmas, so figured it was as good a time as any.

I completely restarted my game - deleted my save, unsubscribed to all my CAWs, and rebuilt from scratch. I found some of the Promoter stuff either clunky or difficult to follow, but some of the matches were ridiculous fun. I was way too ambitious, though, and generally went bankrupt after 2 or 3 shows.

My first attempt was a Lucha promotion, in which Cain Velasquez won my World Title and then was just completely unbeatable because he was doing MMA stuff and none of my wrestlers had any defence for it. 

My trios champions were Maki Itoh, Pagano and The Fiend, in a never-ending feud with L.A. Park, El Hijo del L.A. Park and whoever else they drafted in to help. Clowns vs. Skeletons, all day long.

I had a Giant Haystacks/Big Daddy match on my first show that went nearly thirty minutes, mostly because they both kept going for corner splashes but falling over exhausted every time they tried to run. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Skummy said:

Yeah, there are wrestlers I haven't downloaded because I don't like how their name is formatted. 😆

I hadn't played this in probably over a year, but had been meaning to check out Fire Promoter mode after I guested on someone's Twitch stream. I was self-isolating over Christmas, so figured it was as good a time as any.

I completely restarted my game - deleted my save, unsubscribed to all my CAWs, and rebuilt from scratch. I found some of the Promoter stuff either clunky or difficult to follow, but some of the matches were ridiculous fun. I was way too ambitious, though, and generally went bankrupt after 2 or 3 shows.

My first attempt was a Lucha promotion, in which Cain Velasquez won my World Title and then was just completely unbeatable because he was doing MMA stuff and none of my wrestlers had any defence for it. 

My trios champions were Maki Itoh, Pagano and The Fiend, in a never-ending feud with L.A. Park, El Hijo del L.A. Park and whoever else they drafted in to help. Clowns vs. Skeletons, all day long.

I had a Giant Haystacks/Big Daddy match on my first show that went nearly thirty minutes, mostly because they both kept going for corner splashes but falling over exhausted every time they tried to run. 

Sounds like someone just forgot to inform Cain that it's a work.

yeah, when you have an MMA guy built for MMA fighting and put him into pro wrestling he's going to dominate. They'll need, minimum, a logic overhaul so that they work matches.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, OctoberRaven said:

yeah, when you have an MMA guy built for MMA fighting and put him into pro wrestling he's going to dominate. They'll need, minimum, a logic overhaul so that they work matches.

I'm actually really curious about how that edit would go against an accurate Brock or Goldberg edit where the goal should be a dominate one sided squash.

Well, thing about squash machines is... the game isn't really meant to accommodate that kind of wrestling because it's built on 90s Japanese wrestling. Mods exist to make jobbers for squashes to happen, but if you aren't using those you can expect 7-15 minutes for a Goldberg match on average.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Mitchell Williams

Since it's the season for it, here's what the Royal Rumble mod for Fire Pro looks like in action

2 hours ago, Meacon Keaton said:

Do you get your mods off steam or somewhere else?

PM incoming

• Thanks 1

So if yall don't mind, I was going to recap this sort of round robin tournament I'm doing with my unique edits. My current champion is the "Modern Lover" Eddie Valentine. I set up basically a G-1 Climax style round robin tournament to determine a #1 contender. This is all from CAWS I've been creating since 99-00. Some are newer, some older. This will all be CPU simulated, and I'll document the results here. 

The participants: (I'll update the blocks, this is from memory for now)

Apocalypse 

Anarchist Max

Ian Black 

"The Mad Butcher" Arthur Lee

"The War Angel" Sun Tzu

"The Icon of Filth" Johnny Clash

Bjorn the Barbarian

Alex Sullivan 

"The Last Rocker" Jon Sharpe

"Golden Boy" Billy 

Doug Richards 

"Vaquero de la Muerte" Eddie Ramirez 

El Espectro

Havok

Vic Radon

Tommy "Onslaught" Murphy.

Everybody has a match in the books, pretty cool developments throughout.

• Like 4

If Ian Black doesn't pretend to be a legendary NFL player or claims to be totally blind I will be dissappointed.

7 minutes ago, Liam Mk2 said:

Me too please! 

k

3 hours ago, JMarushin said:

There is a guy in my town that volunteers for me at my museum named Doug Richards so that is just hilarious to me

His finisher, @VerbalPuke, should be talking to you for several minutes in an overly verbose way and putting his foe to sleep

• Haha 1