Fire Pro Wrestling World

Liam

1 hour ago, FLiam said:

Urgh, what a pain in the arse. Not sure if it's even worth it.

Yeah, unfortunately Spike has more or less dropped support for the game so the workshop implementation isn't changing.

It's a shame though because parts and move craft means basically infinite content.

Could always make your own stuff! It's not that hard once you learn it.

Huzzah! Thanks for the heads up @FLiam - finished off my DLC for this game well under half price :D

Looking at the TheAvenger3's stuff and he does have collections for the moves and parts he has made, I'd reckon you could download those collections without sifting through the bundles to get the stuff you needed?

22 hours ago, FLiam said:

Bought the DLC on Steam as was on sale - however loads of my edits are still unplayable as it says I need to subscribe to about 10 individual parts for each of these wrestlers. The fuck? Does it not automatically do that when I subscribe to the edit on the workshop?

I bought the game on Steam a couple of days ago, and from what I can tell, if you go into the individual page for the wrestler you want to subscribe to (rather than just clicking the "subscribe" button when they appear as a list), and subscribe from there, it will prompt you to subscribe to all the extra bits you need. Much easier done accessing the Workshop through a browser than through the Steam app itself.

I cannot figure out how to make mods work, or if they even do work on the latest version, at all.

I had heard that you can delete DLC parts and still use the downloaded character but that has never worked for me. I've deleted everything in "red" for some characters and still wont let me use them. So maybe that will work for you, especially if it's something insignificant added from the DLC. 

9 hours ago, Skummy said:

I cannot figure out how to make mods work, or if they even do work on the latest version, at all.

They do. The mods discord can help you with that. PM incoming.

also, unrelated "very nice finish" post

while I love Fire Pro with mods, it's kinda immersion breaking for things like this to happen during a stream:

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Couple videos showcasing what's possible with Fire Pro mods.

You can do Piper's Pit style interviews:

and 3-on-1 squashes

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Doing a tournament. Abyss vs Minoru Suzuki in the first round, I'm thinking "oooh The Monster vs The Murder Grandpa this should be fun". Nope. Abyss shithoused a countout in 4 minutes by beating the shit of him with chairs and then rolling in at 19.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That'll happen, especially with hardcore and wildman types.

Good rematch material, at least.

Yo, should I get this for PS4? Would I enjoy to play? To sim?

Do you like the controls? The depth? Match types? Any limitations that bother you?

Does simming stuff mean waiting through a lot of 20 minute matches?

PC, some like to play, but simming is where the meat is.

Controls are solid. Depth too. Match types are fine as long as you don't want things like ladder matches. Not many limitations if you play with mods on.

A simmed match usually takes 5-10 minutes (though the timer goes at double speed) for a singles match. You can speed it up to 800% speed but anything over 150% makes it hard to follow. Some like 125%, others 100%.

1 minute ago, Josh Mulaney said:

Any idea how it would be different on PS4? Anybody have an idea how in-depth the available rosters are?

Well, if you're going to be using other people's edits, the pool is much deeper in the PC side of things as most of the quality edit makers are on that side. Less of an issue if you're making your own, I suppose.

Also, there's no mod support for PS4, and mods add a lot of things like more options in gimmick matches (as well as more match types, like Iron Man and Last Man Standing) among other things.

As far as to how big your roster can be, it's virtually unlimited. Each edit is about 7kb in your save file, IIRC.

3 minutes ago, Malenko said:

As in depth as you want it to be. You can download pretty much anyone.

Case in point: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1554138157

5 minutes ago, OctoberRaven said:

Well, if you're going to be using other people's edits, the pool is much deeper in the PC side of things as most of the quality edit makers are on that side. Less of an issue if you're making your own, I suppose.

Also, there's no mod support for PS4, and mods add a lot of things like more options in gimmick matches (as well as more match types, like Iron Man and Last Man Standing) among other things.

As far as to how big your roster can be, it's virtually unlimited. Each edit is about 7kb in your save file, IIRC.

Case in point: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1554138157

I'm going to take this opportunity to ask you a question. Considering you're the resident ewb expert, maybe you'll know a workaround. I had thousands of wrestlers - all worked - until they started allowing move editing. From that moment on a bunch of my edits became unusable, and with them, the whole game. Is there a way to quickly download moves so this will go back to how it used to be?

Just now, Malenko said:

I'm going to take this opportunity to ask you a question. Considering you're the resident ewb expert, maybe you'll know a workaround. I had thousands of wrestlers - all worked - until they started allowing move editing. From that moment on a bunch of my edits became unusable, and with them, the whole game. Is there a way to quickly download moves so this will go back to how it used to be?

Depends. If the edit maker has the moves listed and linked in their description, you just need to download those moves. Otherwise you'll have to hunt them down piecemeal.

As to how hard that is, I wouldn't be able to tell you, I make all my own stuff.

23 hours ago, Josh Mulaney said:

Yo, should I get this for PS4? Would I enjoy to play? To sim?

Do you like the controls? The depth? Match types? Any limitations that bother you?

Does simming stuff mean waiting through a lot of 20 minute matches?

Having never ever played Fire Pro in any form I really enjoy the PS4 version. 

I like the controls very much. Getting the timing down didn't take too long for me and I can have good matches without getting destroyed. 

I wish the detection on strikes was a bit different maybe but even then you'll sorta figure out the right distance depending on the move.

I'm not much into the simming aspect as much, I generally like playing customized battle royals. 

You can pretty much have any roster you want with downloading. Caveat is if you download a wrestler using moves/items that are DLC you'll need that DLC otherwise the downloaded wrestler will be unplayable. This can be tricky with some AEW and NXT folks I've noticed. But I still have a robust roster I'm happy with.

• Like 1