Fire Pro Wrestling World

Liam

24 minutes ago, JMarushin said:

His finisher, @VerbalPuke, should be talking to you for several minutes in an overly verbose way and putting his foe to sleep

He's actually my long time really good technical wrestler ala Daniel Bryan/Chad Gable. His name is a combo of my own real name (last name is my first name and Doug is the first four of my last name). 

And wow, glad to see that got a few likes. This is probably the best representation of my created workers since 2011 or so, so I'm excited. I have more than just this tournament but the rest are my midcard types, or in tag teams. Probably gonna beef the roster up after the tournament. I got belts created and simmed a match for my hardcore title last night.

So l'll talk about that. The match was a barbed wire death match between Lou Boggs and Death Wish. Death Wish is a character I created probably 21 years ago (He was the typical cool hardcore wrestler type us 30 something former edgey teenagers loved). He's been created in every wrestling game I've owned since Attitude. He's has had a knack for being in wild bloody brawls throughout his career. Working as mostly a loner he later became a mercenary type or as a second in command to Void and his band of misfits (we'll learn about him later). 

Lou Boggs I created a couple years ago. He debuted with the story of being a former juvenile delinquent/criminal who had been in and out of the system. As it turns out he was a former associate of Death Wish before the wrestling business, and blames Death Wish for the time he served. He would attack Death Wish and set off a series of bloody brawls that he would fall short in. This did position him as a dangerous opponent for anybody though he is unrefined. 

Recently we hadn't seen much of Boggs until re-emerged to speak his mind. He laid down a final challenge for Death Wish and vowed that he would be taken more serious going forward. 

So anyway, I sim the match and it was really entertaining (the logic for these two are derived from edits pf Onita and Perry Saturn). They exchanged strikes early on with each unsuccessful in attempts to whip the other into the barbed wire.

Lou Boggs took control at this stage hitting some nice suplexes and working in submissions (a new part of his game, maybe he is serious?). Death Wish was able to fight back hitting a ddt or two. But it seemed each time Death Wish fought back Boggs would take back control with a barbed wire baseball bat. He landed some vicious shots busting Death Wish open.

But Death Wish was game as it was Boggs that hit the barbed wire first. Now both men are busted open. The clock began to wind down for the big explosion (15 minute mark). It seemed both knew because there was a great series of nearfalls after they hit each other with piledrivers, ddts, dvds, cutters, and a super kick after a strike exchange. 

With 10 seconds to go Boggs slaps on the rings of saturn (need to tweak moves still) as a last ditch effort to win before the timer goes off. Well the timer goes off and even poor Red Shows is blown up. Boggs is first to his feet and Death Wish looks like he's done for. Red Shoes gets up and checks on Death Wish and stops the match. Boggs wins and is now a champion making good on his earlier declaration. 

Match got a 100% rating. 

• Like 2

did a couple more rumbles in anticipation. one was a DEATH RUMBLE, which combines with the landmine deathmatches. Ended up being won by the crafy crustacean himself, Dr Lobster's Evil Twin.

• Like 2

I just watched a ridiculously awesome match. I intended to have Terry Funk vs. Dusty Rhodes in a landmine deathmatch. But I somehow accidentally put Joey Janela on Dusty's team? So the match starts and it's 2-on-1. Terry starts out as the babyface on fire, taking on both Janela, who Funk dominates, and Dusty who go back-and-forth. Funk busts Janela open about 8 minutes in by tossing him into the corner barbed wire board. Dusty busts Funk open the same way. But as the clock gets to the 12-minute mark, Dusty and Joey are struggling to put Terry down. They're doing a move, pin attempt, kick out. Move, pin attempt, kick out. It's like Dusty and Joey know they're running out of time and are desperately trying to end it before that 15-minute explosion. 14-minutes now, double supplex, pin attempt, kick out at 2.9! 14:58...14:59...BA-BOOM!

Funk stirs first, picks up Janela and small packages him for the win. :lol: 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Meacon Keaton said:

I just watched a ridiculously awesome match. I intended to have Terry Funk vs. Dusty Rhodes in a landmine deathmatch. But I somehow accidentally put Joey Janela on Dusty's team? So the match starts and it's 2-on-1. Terry starts out as the babyface on fire, taking on both Janela, who Funk dominates, and Dusty who go back-and-forth. Funk busts Janela open about 8 minutes in by tossing him into the corner barbed wire board. Dusty busts Funk open the same way. But as the clock gets to the 12-minute mark, Dusty and Joey are struggling to put Terry down. They're doing a move, pin attempt, kick out. Move, pin attempt, kick out. It's like Dusty and Joey know they're running out of time and are desperately trying to end it before that 15-minute explosion. 14-minutes now, double supplex, pin attempt, kick out at 2.9! 14:58...14:59...BA-BOOM!

Funk stirs first, picks up Janela and small packages him for the win. :lol: 

I fucking love this game.

• Like 3

Deathmatches can be hella fun on occassion, especially when you use mods and allow them to fight on the floor or enable three-way dances etc.

Also note that with mods you can also do mutli-person cage matches, but if you make them pin/submission (the way to go, as escape the cage logic kinda sucks), eliminated people will basically start as if they were exiting the cage, but just *stays hanging out there*, like they get handcuffed to it or something

53 minutes ago, OctoberRaven said:

Deathmatches can be hella fun on occassion, especially when you use mods and allow them to fight on the floor or enable three-way dances etc.

Also note that with mods you can also do mutli-person cage matches, but if you make them pin/submission (the way to go, as escape the cage logic kinda sucks), eliminated people will basically start as if they were exiting the cage, but just *stays hanging out there*, like they get handcuffed to it or something

Is that something only available through PC?

45 minutes ago, VerbalPuke said:

Is that something only available through PC?

Yep.

• Thanks 1

The round robin tournament has been really interesting. Just about done now, it looks like Johnny Clash is going to run away with block A but Block B has a four way tie betwen Apocalypse, Alex Sullivan, Havok, and Bjorn the Barbarian at 20 points, and Arthur Lee has stormed back and is at 15 points with a match left with Bjorn I believe? 

I don't anticipate I'll give blow by blow by details of every match but I'll try to highlight personal favorites and document everybodys tournament. I'm such a fucking dork.

• Like 3

I've just got my head around the mod suite stuff and it's breathed some new life back into the game for me. Made it super easy to delete a lot of edits I wasn't using and reorganize my rosters.

I simmed a true Royal Rumble with about 75 wrestlers in it and had a blast watching it pan out. At one point I had a stretch with Big Bossman and about 4 other hosses just clubbing each other on one side of the ring while Nakamura and Misawa battled it out 1-on-1 on the other. The finish was Kobashi drawing the final number, immediately going after Samoa Joe who had been ruling the ring and then dispatching everyone left over to win it.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Meacon Keaton said:

That mod suite stuff seems so cool but I’m terrible when it comes to that stuff. I’d likely end up breaking my game.

It's pretty stable. Long as you keep backups of your saves and don't do anything that people in the Discord (especially Carlizilla) advise you not to do, you'll be fine.

• Like 1

On 05/02/2021 at 16:20, caucasianheat said:

I've just got my head around the mod suite stuff and it's breathed some new life back into the game for me. Made it super easy to delete a lot of edits I wasn't using and reorganize my rosters.

I simmed a true Royal Rumble with about 75 wrestlers in it and had a blast watching it pan out. At one point I had a stretch with Big Bossman and about 4 other hosses just clubbing each other on one side of the ring while Nakamura and Misawa battled it out 1-on-1 on the other. The finish was Kobashi drawing the final number, immediately going after Samoa Joe who had been ruling the ring and then dispatching everyone left over to win it.

That sounds brilliant!

Now that I've ordered a new laptop, and will have reliable internet for the first time in 4 years, I'm contemplating getting Fire Pro again - I have it on the PS4, but the extent of how moddable it is on Steam is tempting me to go down that route.

Block A: 

"The Icon of Filth" Johnny Clash - The ace of my company since Sexton Strife and Rod Sharpe have slowed down/retired. The odds on favorite to win Block A and possibly the whole tournament. Recently formed a powerful alliance with Bjorn the Barbarian. 

Ian Black - An associate of "Anarchist" Max. They had joined the company together along with Benjamin Hyde, but had a falling out that saw the two of them viciously attacking each other. Black left the group and went on his own, in recent months there has been an uneasy reconciliation with Max as the two of them have been battling Johnny Clash and Bjorn the Barbarian. 

Doug Richards - A top star for many years, former multi time World Champ. A great technician that can boast being only the second person to defeat Apocalypse. Has slowed down but is still a skilled competitor capable of winning it all. 

"Vaquero De La Muerte" Eddie Ramirez - The current International champion (my secondary title, like the IC or US). Has really made his mark the last year, has been considered a break out star for years but has really put everything together recently. 

"The War Angel" Sun Tzu - An imposing fighter that is a skilled striker. Hadn't been seen in some time, recently returned and is looking to re-establish himself. 

Vic Radon - Much like Sun Tzu he has returned to EWR after time off. Initially retired, the big man returned to action hoping to make a mark in the round robin tournament. Best known as the muscle for Deep Impact, a trio which consisted of himself, Havok, and Rod Sharpe. He's now on his own and a babyface after years as a hated heel.

El Espectro - The dark horse of the whole tourney. Has seen his stock rise dramatically after a great showing against Eddy Ramirez for the International title. While he was unable to pry the title away, the match was met with acclaim and many think it's only a matter of time before the mysterious luchador is fighting at the top of the card. (This spot was going to be Rod Sharpe but I fucked up and didn't realize I already had 8, lol go me). 

"The Last Rocker" Jon Sharpe - The youngster of this block, he is the son of Rod Sharpe (formerly the biggest rival of Sexton Strife and also a hated heel. He would turn face and eventually align with Strife) and is much different stylistically. While his father was a skilled technician that would rarely look for crowd approval, Jon is the antithesis of that. The two have formed a formidable tag team and are looking to win tag gold in the upcoming tag team tourney.  Utilizing flashier strikes and a more athletic skill set, he's much more brash and cocky than his father. A long-shot to win it all. 

Block B: 

Apocalypse - An absolute monster. A unit. A hoss. A big man. Apocalypse has been one of the most dominating figures since his arrival to EWF. Very few can claim to have beaten him cleanly as he has proven to be an almost unstoppable force. He is showing signs of wear and tear but is still a nightmare for any opponent. Now working as a babyface after splitting from his cruel manager "Sadistic" Simon. 

Anarchist Max - As noted with Ian Black, somewhat of a newcomer in the last few years. After splitting with Ian Black and Benjamin Hyde he recruited Leon "Riot" Royce and Tommy "Onslaught" Murphy to second him. It wouldn't be long after that Havok would join the group and usurp Max's power, keeping Riot and Onslaught as his new cronies. Max has unfinished business with Havok's crew, as well as with Bjorn and Johnny Clash. 

"The Mad Butcher" Arthur Lee - Another new comer, had a brief run as International champion but would drop it back to Eddie Ramirez a month later. Arthur is a mean spirited man utilizing an array of strikes, uppercuts, and dirty moves you'd associated with a mid-1800 brawl in New York's Five Points. Had been in a violent feud with current World Champ Eddy Valentine. He would love to get a second crack at his hated rival. 

Bjorn the Barbarian - A boulder of a man, came on the scene and immediately made his presence felt running through most of the roster. His biggest win came recently pinning Anarchist Max cleanly. Many believe he will be the hoss to take Apocalypse's place, though Apocalypse may disagree. 

Alex Sullivan - An old rival of Johnny Clash, Sullivan is a former World and International champion. Most recently challenged Havok for the world heavyweight championship but was unsuccessful. Sullivan is a great all-arounder, excellent as just about everything in the ring but maybe not a master. 

"Golden Boy" Billy Sterling - EWF's newest signing. The brash Billy Sterling is built like a Greek God and doesn't shy away from flaunting his impressive physique. Not much is known about him prior to EWR so this will be his first exposure to the company. 

Havok - After a downturn in his career after the split of Deep Impact, Havok has seen a huge resurgence in the last year. He's been one of the most hated men in the company and has been tough to beat with Onslaught and Riot by his side. Held the World Championship for the better part of the year before dropping it to Eddy Valentine. A wily veteran that will do whatever it takes to win. 

Tommy "Onslaught" Murphy - The youngster of Block B, a relative newcomer  but many have him earmarked as a future main event player. A former tag team champion alongside Riot, he was very instrumental in Havok's world title reign lasting as long as it did. Another longshot due to his youth in this tournament, many are expecting that this year may not be his year but to watch out in 2022. 

OK so there's some bios, I wanted to add background info because some of the results that came in from these sims will seem more interesting known backstories of these dudes. 

Block A: 
Block A wasn't quite as interesting as Block B. This came down to two people, Johnny Clash whom I previously noted as my current ACE and El Espectro, the dark horse of the entire tournament. We'll get to them in just a moment as we highlight the other entrants. The first match of this block was a good one that saw the two old tough guys Vic Radon and Sun Tzu do battle again (they were rivals in like...one of my old Smackdown games). This match ended with Radon KOing Sun Tzu to start the tourney off hot. Both men would fare decently on this side but it does look like both are now here to help the younger talents get over. Speaking of the younger talent, Jon Sharpe only mustered two wins but they were important momentum builders as they were his last two. He was able to defeat Sun Tzu and pulled off a stunning upset of Doug Richards. This was a miserable showing for Doug Richards as he was only able to defeat Eddie Ramirez. This win was bitter-sweet as he was able to get some measure of redemeption from a prior loss when he challenged for the International title. 

Where things get interesting? Johnny Clash ran through everybody in this tournament, including El Espectro whom we know he shared a piece of first place with. It wasn't until the final match that somebody would pin Johnny Clash, and that man was Eddy Ramirez. Ramirez had a very disappointing tournament but in his last match played the role of spoiler as he was able to best Johnny Clash in around 17 minutes after an amazing back and forth match. The two brawled outside the ring where Clash even hit his finisher the Clash City Cutter (Osaka Street Cutter). Ramirez got in the ring in the nick of time as they continued the action. It looked like Clash was on pace to win this one and win Block A entirely, but (and I can't remember if this was a reversal or Ramirez just did it) Eddy Ramirez hit him with an Earth shattering cruficix powerbomb into a pin from the top rope to score the victory. This would have huge implications for the final. 

El Espectro as I noted was the dark horse (seriously....even in my game his rankings aren't amazing). His first match was against Ian Black and I think everybody was shocked that Espectro was able to win his first match. I think the expectation was for him to hopefully have a good tournament and use that to propel himself. His second match was against none other than Johnny Clash, and in this case Clash got the best of him. From there though? Espectro was perfect, he won every match giving him a tie with Johnny Clash. He went from underdog of the tournament to wondering who could knock him off. It was beautiful aerial manuevers and his speed that seemed to keep his opponents off-guard. He seemed to favor the Code-Red pinning combination to finish most opponents off. 

Now knowing that, Block A had a 1st place tie with between Espectro and Clash. And isn't that funny? Johnny Clash was absolutely perfect until his final match with Eddy Ramirez (who obviously had stumbled up to that point) where he was defeated. Now a sudden death challenge awaited Espectro and Clash. The previous meeting saw Johnny Clash win so it stood to reason that he would finally kill this cinderella story. Actually though....that's not at all what happened. El Espectro would pin Johnny Clash and win A Block. The fucking dark horse won the block. 

And I kind of love how this turned out. Johnny Clash just needs the one win and he wins outright, instead he loses to one of the bigger disappointments in the tourney, then goes on to lose to somebody he previously beat. The fun here is Clash can argue there never should have been a sudden death match, he owned the tie breaker, he beat Espectro once. And obviously I can work him into more matches with Ramirez because he's pissed he lost to him and it ruined his shot. 

• Like 2

I should do a round robin sometime myself. I'm planning on a trios tournament down the line, so maybe after that.

btw I normally Twitch stream during Raw and Smackdown, the former are usually of one of three actual promotions I'm running with occassional random stuff consisting of background promotions that exist partially to flesh out the shared universe the others exist in, where Friday nights are almost all random stuff with occasional testing of new edits to see if their moveset works the way I design it

if you're curious, the ones that I actually sim for are DRAGONSUPLEX Dojo (a dojo-fed terrority run by the in-universe GOAT, Corey O'Brian, who is currently in New York as he also works in another Fire Pro simmer's promotion so for versimilitude reasons his best friend Xander Starr is currently the one running the shows with Corey being matchmaker, and there's a ranking system where the title match is given first refusal to the top contender, but whoever loses the title match has to start over from the bottom rank), Amazon-1 (which I have a diary in the Cube for as I felt that'd be the most EWB-friendly) and Proving Ground Championship Wrestling, a more traditional "super indy" which features Spider Jack (which you may remember as the guy I used for the CWC diary a while back) and has Amazon-1's ace as the current champion as well as a BULLET CLUB homage/parody called CHICKEN CLUB (originally led by Harlan Sanders IV, alleged great-grandson of the KFC founder, now a democratic group who is bankrolled by the kayfabe son of the founder of Popeye's).

Some of my background promotions include Magic City Wrestling (based in Miami, PGCW's friendly rival, notable for being the home promotion of Florida Man), Bone Collection Wrestling (think ECW marketed to metalheads), Hollywood Knights (a Lucha Underground-inspired promotion, started by a wrestler who was fired from a major promotion also running out of SoCal due to his marijuana use), and Women of Mass Destruction (a women's deathmatch wrestling that's actually a spiritual successor of a prior one called Jersey All-Women's Sports).

• Like 1

I love that, like that I'm not the only one that has actual stories and histories for these characters. It's kinda funny I'm so old that my created wrestlers have kids, haha. 

I actually do have other feds I can use but I only created them for an EWR data thing. I had to "sign" (create) two teams to get eight for ny tourney. So, Feral 1 and Feral 2, The Ferals were created using Afa and Samu as templates. Then Clyde and Colt James were signed (created) as well to round out field. Clyde was from an Undertaker template, and Colt from Adam Page. Both teams were signed from Pride of Texas Wrestling. 

I think once I get my current characters all squared away I'll start adding other made up promotions. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, VerbalPuke said:

I love that, like that I'm not the only one that has actual stories and histories for these characters. It's kinda funny I'm so old that my created wrestlers have kids, haha. 

I'm almost sad I don't do this any more, because I don't have the patience to really obsess over create modes that I used to. 

I created a character on WWF Attitude who basically became my go-to CAW for every game, but I tweaked him more and more as I went on, so it felt like a natural character progression, and he got older and changed his style slightly with each game.

He started out as "Angel" in Attitude - it was one of the preset names - doing basically the gimmick Mordecai would eventually do, but as I worked through the Smackdown games he ended up gradually shed that gimmick and became more of a Raven-like character, then by the early 2k games was into grizzled veteran Terry Funk mode. When the Legends of Wrestling games had a bunch of preset first and last names the announcers could use, he ended up dropping "Angel" as his gimmick name and adopted a "real name" to wrestle under, and I had a bunch of other CAWs that intersected with his story. It was fun!

I think what's put me off on other WWE games is that I'll tend to make a CAW for career mode, but then the gimmick I want him to have doesn't reflect how he's booked in the in-game story mode. So my last guy in 2k19 was a caveman gimmick, but then in the story he's just some wisecracking WWE babyface, and it was hard to invest in any idea of the character in my head then.

I might give creating stuff in Fire Pro a go - I've always found it extremely daunting!

I sort of have my own "universe" but using real wrestlers I've downloaded because I'm lazy. I reboot it every now and then.

Currently there's the FPW alliance (like the NWA) with NJPW, STARDOM, SWA (US men), Rumble Roses (US women), World of Sport, EVE and I haven't settled on a lucha promotion.

NJPW have had a lame Marvel like reset where titles were vacated and things both did and didn't happen. In this universe AJPW went out of business. The first event was NEVER say NEVER again and saw Inoki defeat Baba (for the NEVER title) and Mutoh, Chono and Shinya beat Kobashi, Misawa and Kawada for the NEVER six man titles. Chono has since won the IWGP Heavyweight title by beating Misawa. 

Inoki wants to defend the NEVER championship against people from different contact sports (including Ali, Bruce Lee and Rocky Balboa). Onita has challenged Inoki for the title and wants to use it to try and attract people to the dying FMW but has also said he'll put the entire company on the line.

Chono will probably defend his title against the rest of the 4 pillars. 

There is a Bullet Club with Vader, Hanson, Bigelow, Brody and Butcher. 

I'd like to introduce the other main NJPW stables but with legends involved in them. A Muta, Liger and Black Tiger 2 version of LIJ would be fun. Although I'm also keen to get current day NJPW wrestlers involved for the dream matches. 

STARDOM is essentially a continuation of AJW with a lot of their wrestlers hanging around the main event scene. The STARDOM women are trying to prove themselves against the legends. 

WWF, WCW and ECW basically killed each other and mainstream wrestling in the US during the Monday Night Wars. The SWA is the first mainstream promotion since. Eric Bischoff is trying to take over with the NWO, Vince is kicking around with his army of Titans (including Andre, Giant Gonzalez and other assorted big men) and Heyman's Dangerous Alliance (ECW wrestlers who he's managed to get employed) are around to. There's a bunch of former CZW wrestlers trying to out extreme the ECW wrestlers in death matches. DX have an uneasy truce with the NWO and the American branch of Bullet Club are also here. 

Haven't done much with the other promotions yet. They're there. World of Sport has a fun roster with Big Daddy, Haystacks, Danny Burch, Regal  Cesaro, Storm, Fleisch and Saint. 

Naturally there's also FPW World champions to crown. 

I want to introduce some super heroes and villains too. Mainly to do Hogan vs The Hulk and NWO Hogan vs Captain America. It'll be fun coming up with a head cannon reason for that. 

• Like 3

That Bullet Club might be the scariest stable ever.

19 minutes ago, Vamp said:

I sort of have my own "universe" but using real wrestlers I've downloaded because I'm lazy. I reboot it every now and then.

Currently there's the FPW alliance (like the NWA) with NJPW, STARDOM, SWA (US men), Rumble Roses (US women), World of Sport, EVE and I haven't settled on a lucha promotion.

NJPW have had a lame Marvel like reset where titles were vacated and things both did and didn't happen. In this universe AJPW went out of business. The first event was NEVER say NEVER again and saw Inoki defeat Baba (for the NEVER title) and Mutoh, Chono and Shinya beat Kobashi, Misawa and Kawada for the NEVER six man titles. Chono has since won the IWGP Heavyweight title by beating Misawa. 

Inoki wants to defend the NEVER championship against people from different contact sports (including Ali, Bruce Lee and Rocky Balboa). Onita has challenged Inoki for the title and wants to use it to try and attract people to the dying FMW but has also said he'll put the entire company on the line.

Chono will probably defend his title against the rest of the 4 pillars. 

There is a Bullet Club with Vader, Hanson, Bigelow, Brody and Butcher. 

I'd like to introduce the other main NJPW stables but with legends involved in them. A Muta, Liger and Black Tiger 2 version of LIJ would be fun. Although I'm also keen to get current day NJPW wrestlers involved for the dream matches. 

STARDOM is essentially a continuation of AJW with a lot of their wrestlers hanging around the main event scene. The STARDOM women are trying to prove themselves against the legends. 

WWF, WCW and ECW basically killed each other and mainstream wrestling in the US during the Monday Night Wars. The SWA is the first mainstream promotion since. Eric Bischoff is trying to take over with the NWO, Vince is kicking around with his army of Titans (including Andre, Giant Gonzalez and other assorted big men) and Heyman's Dangerous Alliance (ECW wrestlers who he's managed to get employed) are around to. There's a bunch of former CZW wrestlers trying to out extreme the ECW wrestlers in death matches. DX have an uneasy truce with the NWO and the American branch of Bullet Club are also here. 

Haven't done much with the other promotions yet. They're there. World of Sport has a fun roster with Big Daddy, Haystacks, Danny Burch, Regal  Cesaro, Storm, Fleisch and Saint. 

Naturally there's also FPW World champions to crown. 

I want to introduce some super heroes and villains too. Mainly to do Hogan vs The Hulk and NWO Hogan vs Captain America. It'll be fun coming up with a head cannon reason for that. 

I was thinking about getting some Super Hero edits, would just be some good fun to do some Battle Royals. 

Steve Austin vs. Wolverine would be fun, or Deadpool vs. Yano!

• Like 1