Fire Pro Wrestling World

Liam

Absolutely worth it.  The game is a blast on any platform.

I've started a tag tournament that is World Tag League meets Lethal Lottery.  The participant pool consisted of 10 wrestlers from NJPW (2 per stable), 10 from AEW, 10 from NXT, and 10 from main roster WWE (5 Raw, 5 SmackDown).  Loaded all 40 names into a randomizer that would spit out 20 teams and man, there wound up being some perfect teams:

A BLOCK:
Adam Page and Kota Ibushi
AJ Styles and MJF
Brodie Lee and Seth Rollins
Chris Jericho and Tomohiro Ishii
Colt Cabana and Minoru Suzuki
Finn Balor and Jeff Hardy
Himoru Takahashi and Johnny Gargano
Jay White and Timothy Thatcher
Kazuchika Okada and Randy Orton
Kenny Omega and Shinsuke Nakamura

B BLOCK:
Adam Cole and Cody
Braun Strowman and Hiroshi Tanahashi
Daniel Bryan and Ricochet
Drew McIntyre and Santos Escobar
Jon Moxley and KENTA
Karrion Kross and Lance Archer
Keith Lee and WALTER
Kevin Owens and Tommaso Ciampa
Matt Hardy and Tetsuya Naito
Pete Dunne and Zack Sabre Jr.

• Like 1

Straight Man/Goofball comedy duos are the standard for Japanese comedy acts...

Personally I'm rooting for Omega and Shinsuke, aka Team Kneestrikes

this looks amazing!

21 hours ago, B-li Manning said:

I've started a tag tournament that is World Tag League meets Lethal Lottery.  The participant pool consisted of 10 wrestlers from NJPW (2 per stable), 10 from AEW, 10 from NXT, and 10 from main roster WWE (5 Raw, 5 SmackDown).  Loaded all 40 names into a randomizer that would spit out 20 teams and man, there wound up being some perfect teams:

A BLOCK:
AJ Styles and MJF

B BLOCK:
Adam Cole and Cody
Jon Moxley and KENTA
Keith Lee and WALTER

This looks amazing!

• 2 weeks later...

My Fire Pro Lethal Lottery tag tourney has yielded some great drama. I kinda winged the match order when I started because I didn't know who would win, but as the blocks started to wind down I tried to push off matchups to ensure a meaningful final day and it worked out brilliantly with 4 teams alive in each block on the final night.

A BLOCK: Rollins/Brodie control their destiny at 12 points. Win the main against Chris Jericho/Tomohiro Ishii and they win it all, simple enough. But Jericho/Ishii, Styles/MJF and Colt/Suzuki can all get to 12 points and everyone would need different tiebreakers. As far as I can tell a 4-way tie at 12 points actually puts Colt/Suzuki through since Seth/Brodie and Jericho/Ishii would be 1-2 in those matches and they've beaten Styles/MJF head to head.

B BLOCK: 4-way tie at 10 points. Keith Lee/WALTER face Adam Cole/Cody so somebody's getting 12 points there. But both teams need to root for help as Bryan/Ricochet have beaten them both, and ZSJ/Dunne have beaten all three of them.  Adding to this is that ZSJ/Dunne beat all of those teams despite starting the tournament 0-3, they've stormed back.

ZSJ, Bryan, and Suzuki have been deadly in this tournament. Submission guys have a huge advantage once a match gets to around 20 minutes.  A signature hold that late seems to be a near-instant tap with no opportunity for the opponent to break up the attempt.

• Like 3

On 30/06/2020 at 13:11, B-li Manning said:

A BLOCK:
AJ Styles and MJF

B BLOCK:
Adam Cole and Cody
Jon Moxley and KENTA
Keith Lee and WALTER

All said and done I'd bet on Okada and Orton vs. Strowman and Tanahashi as the final. 

2 minutes ago, VerbalPuke said:

All said and done I'd bet on Okada and Orton vs. Strowman and Tanahashi as the final. 

I also didn't see your previous post when i decided to just post shit. 

• Haha 1

A BLOCK Final Day
Kota and Hangman were the biggest disappointments in the entire tourney and that continued into the final night against Gargano and Hiromu.  Gargano pins Hangman with a rollup and Team Kenny Omega's Tag Partners finish with a block-low 4 points in the tourney.

Speaking of Kenny Omega, I thought saving him and Nakamura vs. Okada and Orton for the end would've been a slam dunk to be an important match, yet here they are going out second with nothing at stake.  Okada got the best of his rival, pinning Kenny after a Rainmaker.

MJF and Styles failed to stay alive as they lost their final match to White and Thatcher.  MJF unsuccessfully tried multiple times to lock in his armbar on Thatcher, only for Thatcher to slap on an armbar of his own for the tap and elimination

Suzuki and Cabana got the win over Jeff and Finn with Jeff tapping to Suzuki's leg lock.  Again, submissions reign supreme.  That gives them an impressive 12 points and sets up a potentially bizarre 3-way tie where if Jericho/Ishii win you would have three teams at 12 points all being 1-1 against each other.  I'd guess the next tiebreaker after that is strength of victory or something?  I dunno.

But it didn't matter, Brodie and Seth pick up the W in the main event with Brodie getting the discus lariat on Ishii to win the block outright at 14 points, match got a 100% rating.

B BLOCK Final Day
Poor Naito.  B Block went into this having all of the World Champions (IWGP, AEW, WWE, Universal, NXT, NXT UK) and by the time this match got here not only was he no longer the champion in real life, he and Matt were at the bottom of the table.  Opposing them, Mox and KENTA had gotten off to a great start only to slide down the table as it went on.  Naito gets at least some measure of retribution, Destino on Mox for the win.  Does this mean he gets an AEW title shot?

Ciampa/Owens vs. Kross/Archer is just a match for respect at this point, but it could possibly be a really fun brawl in real life.  Anyway, the pace was a bit frantic at this one and KO puts Kross down with a Stunner.

Cole/Cody vs. WALTER/Keith Lee, one team guaranteed 12 points and to sit atop the block for the time being, and this was the match of the night.  Numerous near falls and narrow pin breaks among everybody, the crowd was going into a frenzy by the end.  Cody eventually gets Keith down with the Cross Rhodes and Team Undisputed Elite temporarily gets to be in the catbird seat.

Their elation did not last very long as Bryan and Ricochet faced off against Braun and Tanahashi.  Seemed like Braun was going to put down his much smaller opponents with power moves but they were quick to force the break.  Bryan moves out of the way of the High Fly Flow, slaps on the Yes Lock, tap out!  Bryan and Ricochet join the 12 point club and move to the top spot.

ZSJ/Dunne vs. Escobar/McIntyre just a few shows ago seemed like it would be a meaningless match with neither team doing well in the standings, but the British duo's sudden winning streak had them controlling their own destiny heading into the final night and therefore getting the main event spot.  For Escobar and McIntyre, it was all about playing spoiler.  This was nowhere near the epic finale that A Block was.  Escobar with a German suplex and flash pin on Dunne in about 10 minutes and holy shit, they squandered their chance to win the block!

Finals
Brodie Lee and Seth Rollins vs. Daniel Bryan and Ricochet.  It wasn't quite at the level of the A Block final but it was very close, getting like a 97% rating.  Again, lots of near falls and drama.  I thought Bryan was going to make Seth tap to the Yes Lock multiple times but he held out.  Ricochet hit a twisting senton on Brodie and Rollins was cut off from breaking the pin, but he kicked out at 2.999 seconds.  Brodie levels Bryan with a lariat and the tournament win.  Apparently if you want to win a tournament, you need to run a cult!

• 3 months later...

This is only $5.99 on Steam right now for those who have been on the fence (down from the $29.99 full price)

I installed Steam on my Mac running Parallels with Windows 10 and the game is running perfectly. I hadn’t played since before AEW was a thing. Looking to do a clean wipe of the data and then jump back in. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, apsham said:

I'm having an issue where the DLC is on sale, but not by enough. I really wanna get back into it but when I installed everything I have before, not having stuff like Stardom was locking me out from good edits and I don't wanna drop like 30 on all the Stardom stuff just to be able to do that.

I was just getting on to bitch about this. I bought the big DLC pack for $30.00 but it doesn't include everything. The two Stardom packs ($14 each) I have no interest in, but I need them it seems to download wrestlers like Orange Cassidy, Darby, Riho, Shida, etc...

Bummer.

On a positive note, the ability to now use promotion and stable logos is pretty sweet

2020-11-13-10-29-24-Fire-Pro-Wrestling-W

2020-11-13-10-30-06-Steam.png

24 minutes ago, apsham said:

I'm having an issue where the DLC is on sale, but not by enough. I really wanna get back into it but when I installed everything I have before, not having stuff like Stardom was locking me out from good edits and I don't wanna drop like 30 on all the Stardom stuff just to be able to do that.

Sit tight for a couple more weeks until Black Friday/Cyber Monday. That’s what I’m planning to do.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, iDOL said:

I’ve seen full arena customizations, but I can’t seem to figure out how to do it. Is this a modding thing?

I presume you mean the full arena, not just the ring. In which case, yeah, it's a mod thing, and not part of the normal mod suite.

• Thanks 1