UEFA Champions League 2017/18

Lineker

Same outside Anfield. Just disgusts me. 

I felt really sad for this couple for the City game in the Champions League in front of me who had travelled up for the game as they had purchased two fake tickets. Was proper harsh seeing them be told the news and being told they couldn't get in and had to report it to police. 

• Admin

Liverpool have offered full refunds on tickets for the upcoming Champions League final in Ukraine to 650 fans whose flights have been cancelled, but ticket-holders called the travel problems an “absolute joke”.

Two flights to Kiev were cancelled by the tour operator Worldchoice Sports on Thursday after Boryspil airport could not allocate landing slots for the planes due to leave the UK on Friday and Saturday.

The mayor of Liverpool, Joe Anderson, said he was trying to help supporters who faced missing Liverpool’s match against Real Madrid.

But hours later, a statement on the club website said: “The decision to offer refunds has been made in response to the cancellation of two flights chartered by Widnes-based travel company Worldchoice Sports, leaving about 650 supporters without a flight to Kiev for the Champions League final.”

Anderson said he had been in talks with the mayor of Kiev and the director of the airport in an attempt to find alternative flights. He said he could not promise anything, but was hopeful a solution would be found.

“With conversations that we’re having with [Liverpool] John Lennon airport, we might be able to have some flights that are available tomorrow and get into Kiev early evening,” he said in a video posted on Twitter.

“We’ve had conversations again with the mayor and the director of the airport there. The mayor has assured me that he will lay on transport to take people to the ground, which is about 40 minutes away.”

Raj Soni, manager of Worldchoice Sports, blamed poor organisation in Kiev for the problem. In a statement on its website, the company said: “We have exhausted all avenues to try to get landing slots. We have had them from Liverpool airport and Manchester airport, and we have applied for slots in the correct manner and timeframe with the authorities. To reiterate – this problem is with Kiev.”

Liverpool are expecting more than 20,000 supporters to travel to the Ukrainian capital ahead of the match at Olimpiyskiy stadium.

On social media, Liverpool fans expressed their disappointment and anger at the lack of information they had received.

Jason McGimpsey, 43, a financial adviser, said he had been looking forward to the trip of a lifetime, but was told on Thursday that his flight was cancelled.

“Worldchoice Sports had been stalling on giving us e-tickets and exact departure times, and it’s become clear why that was the case. Now, finally they’ve said ‘we’ve cancelled it’,” he said.

“I’ve been offered a refund, but it doesn’t go anywhere near compensating me for what I’ve lost. For various personal reasons, I was unable to go to the finals in Istanbul or Athens. I go to practically all Liverpool games and I haven’t missed a home game in nearly four years.”

There's a lot of farces with the whole thing. 

I still don't think the final should have been in Kiev but that's purely for geographical travel reasons. Its such a pain for a lot of people no matter what team would be in the final to get to. 

Secondly the way companies have acted such as in this case, hotels accepting bookings only to cancel them purely to try to gain more money, Thomas Cook charging 900 quid for flights. Why have Worldchoice accepted and taken money if it looked unlikely they were ever gonna be able to get a plane to Kiev? You'd look into possibly arriving in another city and putting on a coach or something ad an alternative. 

Feel really crap for any fan no matter what team it is who have been subjected to stuff like this or being overcharged by touts etc. 

I've been so excited and nervous the past few days. ONE MORE SLEEP!!!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, DMo Salah said:

There's a lot of farces with the whole thing. 

I still don't think the final should have been in Kiev but that's purely for geographical travel reasons. Its such a pain for a lot of people no matter what team would be in the final to get to. 

Secondly the way companies have acted such as in this case, hotels accepting bookings only to cancel them purely to try to gain more money, Thomas Cook charging 900 quid for flights. Why have Worldchoice accepted and taken money if it looked unlikely they were ever gonna be able to get a plane to Kiev? You'd look into possibly arriving in another city and putting on a coach or something ad an alternative. 

Feel really crap for any fan no matter what team it is who have been subjected to stuff like this or being overcharged by touts etc. 

I've been so excited and nervous the past few days. ONE MORE SLEEP!!!

Salah is observing Ramadan and has been fasting. Liverpool are going to lose.

4 minutes ago, It's Pronounced Zoom-E said:

He broke fast Thursday actually

Ah right, I read in an article that he was observing it. I hope he has, Liverpool need him firing on all cylinders. And also for my bet.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MDK said:

Ah right, I read in an article that he was observing it. I hope he has, Liverpool need him firing on all cylinders. And also for my bet.

Yeah I read he broke fast Thursday, and will observe Ramadan again starting tomorrow. I'm assuming all their Muslim players are doing the same thing. I've seen nothing on Mane, but everything I know about Mane suggests he would have no issues breaking fast for this game.