UEFA Champions League 2017/18

Lineker

8 minutes ago, Nerf said:

Can't believe the leaked Roma/Liverpool draw from yesterday actually came true, right down to the home/away divide and date of the second leg.

Not even sure you can call the heated balls theory a conspiracy anymore.

The odds of that happening in a draw containing only four teams are hardly astronomical, mind.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, stokerino said:

The odds of that happening in a draw containing only four teams are hardly astronomical, mind.

1 in 12, but given it appeared on Roma's website itself, seems highly suspect. Given Blatter has claimed they do it, certainly lends credence to the idea.

5 minutes ago, Nerf said:

1 in 12, but given it appeared on Roma's website itself, seems highly suspect. Given Blatter has claimed they do it, certainly lends credence to the idea.

I would definitely take Blather at his word. Definitely. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Nerf said:

:lol:

There's four teams in the draw, very few different possible outcomes. Hardly a cause to get the tin foil hats out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Adam es Tranquilo said:

:lol:

There's four teams in the draw, very few different possible outcomes. Hardly a cause to get the tin hats out.

To get the teams, order of tie, and very date of the fixture? There's an 8.3% chance of them randomly getting all that right.

Just now, Nerf said:

To get the teams, order of tie, and very date of the fixture? There's an 8.3% chance of them randomly getting all that right.

Right...which means it is perfectly feasible. And it's as likely as any other scenario? People so often forget that "random" means that the expected or hoped for draw is just as likely as not. If you'd asked me yesterday to predict the draw it would have taken me all of five seconds to posit that Liverpool may in fact draw Roma and be at home first.

Anyway, if I were a Liverpool fan I'd just be delighted to have drawn Roma, it's easily the preferred option here.

20 minutes ago, Adam es Tranquilo said:

Right...which means it is perfectly feasible. And it's as likely as any other scenario? People so often forget that "random" means that the expected or hoped for draw is just as likely as not. If you'd asked me yesterday to predict the draw it would have taken me all of five seconds to posit that Liverpool may in fact draw Roma and be at home first.

Anyway, if I were a Liverpool fan I'd just be delighted to have drawn Roma, it's easily the preferred option here.

It'll still be a tough game but it's the best team on paper. If we did get the final I like our chances in a one off game against Bayern / Madrid. 

• Like 1

On 4/10/2018 at 22:53, DMo Salah said:

Is Grant Holt able to move more than 5 yards in any direction?

No joke on nothing, he may be coming to WAW in the near future. He'll need to move further than that to get across the entire ring though...

46 minutes ago, DMo Salah said:

It'll still be a tough game but it's the best team on paper. If we did get the final I like our chances in a one off game against Bayern / Madrid. 

I agree. If you love the romance of it all, Roma is a great semi final (Salah and of course the 84 final) and Bayern in the final to see if Klopp can avenge the Wembley defeat when he was Dortmund manager would be brilliant.

1 hour ago, Adam es Tranquilo said:

Hardly a cause to get the tin foil hats out.

Liverpool is an anagram of 'I love Pol R'.

/pol/ and R (Reddit) are one of the main sources of fake news and disinformation coming out of Russia, which is really just a cover for the Illuminati.

'Guardiola' is an anagram of 'A Oil Guard', which is what Syria is actually doing for the Russians/Illuminati.

The 'offside' goal not given when Man City were making a comeback? Barcelona (Catalonia) uncharacteristically shitting the bed against Roma (Roman Empire)? Those bastions of anti-corruption Juventus being knocked out by a paid off referee? Mo Salah obviously being a cyborg and/or lizard man super soldier?

Connect the dots sheeple.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

So nervous. Roma are going to pack the midfield tonight. It's vital to get the ball out to Salah and Mane early when we can to exploit the wide areas, and play with the same effort as the QF. Let's do this!

Again, as is tradition, I am listening to Orient on the wireless and watching Champions League on the tele.

10 minutes ago, 9 to 5 said:

Come on goals!

Lets go goals! Except that I have Liverpool to win and over 3.5 goals.