UEFA Champions League 2017/18

Lineker

3 minutes ago, Liam Mk2 said:

Oh Gigi. :crying:

Did anyone see the penalty incident? I’ve read a few people saying it never was and I notice that Michael Oliver is referee...

It was a penalty, Benatia has jumped into his back.

6 minutes ago, Liam Mk2 said:

Did anyone see the penalty incident? I’ve read a few people saying it never was and I notice that Michael Oliver is referee...

Definite penalty. Absolutely daft. 

10 minutes ago, Liam Mk2 said:

It was a foul, but not as 'sexy' a challenge so as to make it a penalty that couldn't be argued against, if that makes sense. This wasn't someone wiping someone out; many would argue there isn't enough contact to go down and it visually doesn't look like a lot.

Penalty was the correct decision though.

How shit was Chesney though, only on the pitch for 20 seconds and couldn't keep a clean sheet? :shifty:

Respect to Michael Oliver. Made the right call, and responded to Buffon’s actions appropriately. No sympathy for Buffon, and those applauding Buffon are scum and are just as much the problem. 

Former colleague referees Sunday league and was hospitalised last weekend after a player battered him. What hope do we have if the pro’s are setting that kind of example? 

• Like 3

"A human being can't just 'knock out' a team after such a game with such a dubious scene: Instead of a heart he probably has a trash can. If you don't have the personality you should be in the stands with your wife eating fries, not reffing this game" - Buffon about Micheal Oliver

He's not taking it very well.

I don't get what his problem is though. It was a penalty and you can't react that way. 

That must have been intimidating for Oliver having Buffon screaming in his face and being surrounded by everyone  and he did the right thing.