Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie Thread

Hellraiser

3 hours ago, tristy said:

Feige is open to the idea of an all-female superhero team up movie with Black Widow, Gamora, Captain Marvel, Nebula, Mantis and Valkyrie. They all pitched it to him and he was interested.

Also, Doctor Strange is going to be the new Tony Stark when it comes to the next phase of this universe. It'll be him and Captain Marvel, and probably Black Panther. That's the new trio to replace Iron Man, Thor and Captain America.

Panther and Marvel? I assumed the main guys would be Strange, Ant-Man and Spidey. They'll probably somehow have an entire Avengers movie focused on Spidey, after waiting so long to finally get him, how can you not want one of the most popular comic book characters as the center of your franchise?

4 hours ago, Benjamin said:

Panther and Marvel? I assumed the main guys would be Strange, Ant-Man and Spidey. They'll probably somehow have an entire Avengers movie focused on Spidey, after waiting so long to finally get him, how can you not want one of the most popular comic book characters as the center of your franchise?

I don’t know if it’s a good idea to feature a character so prominently that still isn’t owned 100% by Marvel Studios in their biggest franchise (Avengers). I think Spidey takes the Hulk role, where he’s there but not the main focus. With Panther and Marvel, you’ve got two main heroes that each hit a certain demographic they’ve been trying to reach, and Dr. Strange has an actor that’s critically acclaimed.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jimmy said:

I had such a good time watching Thor that it's not as a prevalent issue as with other films, but oh man, Cate Blanchett was wasted as Hera. 

So were Jeff Bridges, Tim Roth, Mickey Rourke, Sam Rockwell, Tim Roth, Hugo Weaving, Ben Kingsley, Guy Pearce, Christopher Ecclestorn, Robert Redford, Lee Pace, Corey Stoll and Mads Mikkelsen. Basically every actor who played a villain other than Michael Keaton, Kurt Russell, Daniel Brühl and Tom Hiddleston (although Loki's inability to decide whether he is a bad guy or a good guy is starting to get on my nerves). Marvel Studios just sucks at writing good villains. 

And why won't Universal make the same kind of deal with Marvel to make solo Hulk movies like Sony did for Spiderman movies? Do they just hate making money?

Daniel Bruhl was wasted so badly. Helmut Zemo is a way better, more intricate character than was shown. They could have named him literally anything and the character would have been the exact same, but they called him Zemo and wasted one of their better villains by having him be nothing like his namesake.

EDIT: Not that I'm biased or anything... <_<

Edited by Gabriel

Can't say anything about that since I don't read comics. But what made movie Zemo stand out for me was Brühl's great, understated performance and that his motives were a lot more personal and kinda relatable. I'm not saying that I condone what he did but I can see where he was coming from. In the grand scheme of things he might not be the most memorable superhero movie villain but for MCU standards he was one of the better ones. 

Edited by Hellraiser
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Hellraiser said:

So were Jeff Bridges, Tim Roth, Mickey Rourke, Sam Rockwell, Tim Roth, Hugo Weaving, Ben Kingsley, Guy Pearce, Christopher Ecclestorn, Robert Redford, Lee Pace, Corey Stoll and Mads Mikkelsen. Basically every actor who played a villain other than Michael Keaton, Kurt Russell, Daniel Brühl and Tom Hiddleston (although Loki's inability to decide whether he is a bad guy or a good guy is starting to get on my nerves). Marvel Studios just sucks at writing good villains. 

And why won't Universal make the same kind of deal with Marvel to make solo Hulk movies like Sony did for Spiderman movies? Do they just hate making money?

I'd disagreed with you on a few on that list :P 

5 hours ago, Hellraiser said:

Hey now!  I always say I loved Iron Man 2, because Sam Rockwell MADE that movie.  Also, Hugo Weaving expressed zero interest in returning for the role at the time but that seems to have changed recently

• 2 weeks later...

Thor was a goddamn riot.

Some thoughts going forward:

Spoiler

So for Infinty War, I imagine the approach will be to already have most of the heroes together, just divided into 3 or 4 groups:

- Cap, Panther, and the rest who sided with them coming out of Civil War.

- Same with Stark, Spidey, and their side.

- Then possibly everyone who escaped together at the end of Ragnarok, plus all the GotG folks. More likely the Thor escapees.

- And then the Guardians folks.

That’s the only way I can see them reasonably getting all 60+ characters into the narrative without it being a meaningless parade of cameos.

I agree in the thought that they're gonna split everyone up, and effectively making two individual films in Infinity War 1. Main one being the whole fallout on earth between the Avengers and 'Secret Avengers', and then Guardians + Thor&Pals dealing with getting away from Thanos and maybe trying to slow his march towards Earth in some sort of way through shenanigans.

I imagine the end of IW1 will be the Spacers warning everyone, and Thanos arriving with a massive show of force.

Edited by Jasonmufc

Saw this on Reddit and I'm completely stealing it

f075bdo265zz.png

This is the opening shot of Iron Man.  While this is going on

-A young Peter Quill was chilling with the Ravagers

-Scott Lang was a petty criminal

-Steve Rogers was literally frozen in ice

-Thor was a narcissistic rich boy

-Bruce Banner was in hiding in Brazil

-Vision was Alexa

-Stephen Strange was a surgeon

-Peter Parker was in elementary school

-Black Panther was...

-Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver were just normal kids

-Rocket & Groot may well have started their bounty hunting careers.

-Gamora & Nebula were serving Thanos

-Wong & Mordo were serving the Ancient One

-Mantis was likely serving Ego

-Inhumans were living on the Moon

-Frank Castle was serving in the Marine Corps

-Danny Rand was training in K'un-Lun

-Matt and Foggy had recently passed the BAR

-Luke Cage was in prison

-Jessica Jones was drinking

2 minutes ago, Benjamin said:

Vision was Alexa? Who's Alexa?

Thats the one I forgot to remove because I couldn't figure it out either

On that Frank Castle tip, he was likely in Afghanistan at the same time as Tony Stark if the MCU follows our real world history when it comes to wars and whatnot. I posted this in that same Reddit thread that @Lint got all of that from, but 2008 is when the US and UK increased their numbers in the region by a significant margin. Plus, the Punisher TV series names the specific city that Castle was in, so we know he was already there.

Alexa is probably that users snarky attempt at a joke, referring to J.A.R.V.I.S.

52 minutes ago, Lint said:

-Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver were just normal kids

If you count losing your parents in a warzone and being abducted by HYDRA to be experimented upon as 'normal', I guess. 

40 minutes ago, Lint said:

Thats the one I forgot to remove because I couldn't figure it out either

It's an Amazon joke, which makes no sense because Alexa didn't came out until 2014.

2 hours ago, Jasonmufc said:

If you count losing your parents in a warzone and being abducted by HYDRA to be experimented upon as 'normal', I guess. 

Wanda & Petro weren't abducted by HYDRA or Baron Von Strucker, they volunteered. And that wouldn't have happened until at least after the first Avengers film, when HYDRA took control of the Sceptor once SHIELD had it in their possession after the Battle of New York. Their parents died long before the first Iron Man movie, though, since they were 10 years old when that happened.

On 21/11/2017 at 08:10, Jasonmufc said:

It's an Amazon joke, which makes no sense because Alexa didn't came out until 2014.

It does make sense. They mean Vision was essentially the Marvel version of Alexa, not literally Alexa.