Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie Thread

Hellraiser

The first Ant-Man and The Wasp trailer is here!

Did I see it right? The villain is the Ghost? Looked like it, but I thought he was an Iron Man villain? (Now that I looked further, it seems it had already been confirmed... must've slipped my mind)

• Like 2

SzMv8Oq.jpg

The names and roles were added by someone on Reddit

• Like 1

C-b1GV9VYAAvLFd?format=jpg&name=900x900

Marvel is sponsoring the U.S. Olympic skiing teams

• Like 1

It was really good. It didn't reinvent the wheel, but it did things that other Marvel movies have shot for a lot better. There are a lot of comparisons to be made with this and Thor: Ragnarok in terms of the villain/core conflict, crazy that they came out back-to-back and that each of them has such a distinct and enjoyable style that those similarities don't feel like a knock on either movie.

For my money, Shuri stole the whole damn movie. On multiple occasions I missed dialogue entirely because the audience was still laughing at one of her lines. Okoye was also extremely popular.

Edited by GoGOceanea
  • Like 1

Really...not in my top 5 MCU movies, but a close outsider...7, maybe 6.

Apparently, Black Panther is on pace to make more in 6 days then Justice League did in its entire domestic run

Yeah Black Panther was really good. I enjoyed the change of pace from the silliness of the likes of GotG or Thor Ragnarok  (although I loved both) it was good to change it up a bit.

Killmonger was fantastic, everyone says Loki is the best villain but he's had what, 4 or 5 films to get there? 

Shuri was probably the best for me too. I missed the 2nd stinger though :(

Black Panther was phenomenal. It is easily my favorite Super Hero movie. What I loved most about it was that it was so character driven, as opposed to "Boom, Bang, Visual Effects, Exploding Buildings" style that Avengers is famous for (which, Avengers for all the love it gets can stand to cut a good 45 minutes worth of exploding buildings and it'll make it much more interesting in my opinion). 

I loved how they blended comic book lore and super hero movies, with historical black problems and modern xenophobia. And the costume designer surely needs to be shortlisted for the academy award, because how seamlessly she managed to blend traditional African styles with this created Science Fiction high-tech style is a thing of beauty. 

I can't say enough about how great of a movie this is and can only hope the next Marvel films continue the course. 

I'll echo sentiments about Shuri and Okoye. Great characters all around, and terrific performances from the cast as a whole.

• Like 2

Yeah, the design choices are incredible, especially the costuming. The choice of going back to African styles of a few hundred years ago, then imagining what they would become today without impediment from colonialism paid dividends. Everything looks so rich and spectacular.

• Like 1