Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie Thread

Hellraiser

I'm planning on seeing Infinity War, but I haven't seen Thor Ragnarok or Black Panther yet, is that going to massively ruin it or are they relatively standalone? I can handle missing an infinity stone thing, but neither are Civil War levels of connected are they?

Ragnarok is probably more connected than Black Panther to the wider story, it isn't as important as Civil War but it's still game changing for Thor specifically, and explains how certain other characters tie into Infinity War. The core story of Black Panther is better, but doesn't change anything major (I don't think).

More than Thor himself, probably the main character that Ragnarok leaves in a different position pre-Infinity War is Loki. Can't really say how big a deal that'll be, mind.

I think the only consequence of not watching Black Panther will be not knowing who some of the side characters are (e.g. Shuri) when they inevitably reappear.

I'm planning to at some point, but time and money (plus the fact that Black Panther is pretty much gone) aren't on my side. I'll try to pick up Ragnarok on blu-ray in the meantime. Still need to watch Spiderman, thankfully that's on Sky this week. 

Just a heads up, Marvel is screening 30 minutes of random scenes (or the first 30 minutes of Infinity War, depending on who you ask) in the next few days at fan events in places like Brazil and Mexico. So, spoilers will be out there. I’ve already seen some on Reddit, but it’s nothing too spoilery, just more detailed descriptions of select scenes from the trailer(s).

Also, rumor has it that one of the Phase 4 films will be an Eternals movie.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tigerstyle said:

Guys I'm really excited for Avengers this week. What non spoilery things do we know going in to this movie?

Also, with Ant-Man and The Wasp and Captain Marvel between this film and Avengers 4; has there been a Phase 4 announcement?

This we know from the credit teasers...

Thor, Hulk, and the other Asgardians are in space and got intercepted a warfleet that may or may not contain Thanos - Thor 3
Steve Rogers, Bucky, Natasha, Clint, Sam Wilson, Wanda, Scott Lang/Antman are all on the lamb and out in the wind - Civil War
Karl Mordo is out hunting mystics, which will probably not be a thing in Avengers 3, but who knows - Dr. Strange
Spider-Man is doing Spider-Things, is a part of the Avengers, probably. - Spider Man: Homecoming

The locations of the infinity stones:
Space Stone (Aka the tesseract) - Loki - Thor 3
Mind Stone - Vision's head - Age of Ultron
Reality Stone - The Collector - Thor: The Dark World
Power Stone - Nova Corps - Guardians of the Galaxy 1
Time Stone (Eye of Agamotto) - Dr. Strange - Dr. Strange
Soul Stone - ??? - ???

Edited by Jasonmufc

I suspect they are holding off for two reasons: 

1. There's a chance some of the old guard are killed off in Infinity War

2. IIRC Disney's deal to purchase FOX is set to ratified by next summer, which would give them a heap of other characters (X-Men, FF, etc) to play with.