Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie Thread

Hellraiser

Me and some friends were fantasy booking A Punisher/Defenders appearance in Infinity War.  Then we got sad since we know it won't happen

13 hours ago, Benjamin said:

The only people I can see them possibly bringing back to life after getting killed is the Hulk and Iron Man. Chris Evans has said for years that he only wanted to make 3 Cap movies, which is why he's the likeliest to die. The only person I can see being killed and brought back is Vision via JARVIS or Nick Fury.

Nick Fury isn’t in either of the upcoming Avengers movies, just Captain Marvel.

He claims to not be in any of the upcoming movies (Black Panther to Avengers 4). He also said he hasn’t heard anything about Captain Marvel, but it’s heavily rumored he’s involved in that.

He was especially hurt about not being in Black Panther, but it doesn’t make much sense for Fury to be in that movie.

Edited by tristy

3 hours ago, Maxx said:

Looks like that Fox-Disney deal is taking shape.

CNBC says it could be announced as early as next week.

In other news, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 is on the US Netflix, but you have to search for it in order for it to appear. Not sure about other markets.

18 hours ago, Maxx said:

Looks like that Fox-Disney deal is taking shape.

I just want to say that just because this deal is happening, it might mean nothing for how the status quo exists right now. The MCU hasn't really got anything to gain on the short-term by throwing X-Men, Deadpool, Legion, and so forth into the mix. It's not a case like Spiderman where they can easily shuffle in a 16 year old who just got their powers. Most X-People are also adults in their respective timelines (and in 9/10 canons), and explaining where a bajillion mutants were hiding out in the past 14 years is gonna get confusing fast.

The one that's arguably the easiest to put into the MCU is Deadpool who bends fourth walls at will, and the Fantastic Four (they got their powers from a weird space anomaly). But even then, I don't want to see them jump into doing it at the earliest opportunity.

Actually a world of X-Men and Mutants curated by Marvel would be personally more interesting than just lopping them into the MCU and making that world even more bloated than it is. 

There's also the fact that the X-Verse is still going strong, nowhere near as succesfull as the MCU, but still doing better than whatever DC is throwing at the wall. So there's no pressing need to migrate that world.

Fantastic Four, that's a film franchise that's dead in the water, and like with Spiderman there's more incentive to work them into the MCU if they want to try and revive that IP a third time this century.

But I'd rather see short cameos here and there, maybe say a TV in the background interviewing 'X-Games Champ' Johnny Storm. Those small things that add nothing to the story and plot, but do hint at the world expanding ever so slightly.

22 minutes ago, Jasonmufc said:

But I'd rather see short cameos here and there, maybe say a TV in the background interviewing 'X-Games Champ' Johnny Storm. Those small things that add nothing to the story and plot, but do hint at the world expanding ever so slightly.

I can definitely see them going more this route with it. Didn't they sorta hint at a couple of others in one of the other films? Might have been Avengers 1, I recall them having a sort of map with certain locations on it which sorta set the precedent that Black Panther and someone else were being monitored. I feel like they had Namor on it as well, not that he's been introduced.

Since they're origin is space related I can easily see there being some sort of Guardians-related incident that introduces the Fantastic Four into everything. 

1 hour ago, Jasonmufc said:

I just want to say that just because this deal is happening, it might mean nothing for how the status quo exists right now. The MCU hasn't really got anything to gain on the short-term by throwing X-Men, Deadpool, Legion, and so forth into the mix. It's not a case like Spiderman where they can easily shuffle in a 16 year old who just got their powers. Most X-People are also adults in their respective timelines (and in 9/10 canons), and explaining where a bajillion mutants were hiding out in the past 14 years is gonna get confusing fast.

The one that's arguably the easiest to put into the MCU is Deadpool who bends fourth walls at will, and the Fantastic Four (they got their powers from a weird space anomaly). But even then, I don't want to see them jump into doing it at the earliest opportunity.

Actually a world of X-Men and Mutants curated by Marvel would be personally more interesting than just lopping them into the MCU and making that world even more bloated than it is. 

There's also the fact that the X-Verse is still going strong, nowhere near as succesfull as the MCU, but still doing better than whatever DC is throwing at the wall. So there's no pressing need to migrate that world.

Fantastic Four, that's a film franchise that's dead in the water, and like with Spiderman there's more incentive to work them into the MCU if they want to try and revive that IP a third time this century.

The X-Verse is no longer going strong.  It's pretty much finished its run with Logan.  Legion is about as connected to the X-Verse as the the Netflix shows are to the greater MCU.  The Gifted is pretty much their Agents of Shield.  Neither of those where ever going to connect into a movie.  Deadpool might as well be his own thing, and like you said he could be moved wholesale into the MCU without any real changes.  The New Mutants is coming out in April, and I doubt its going to be the new franchise starter Fox was hoping it would be, Disney won't care either way.  Bryan Singer will be or already is one of the next big names to fall in the Hollywood sexual misconduct scandals.   Which means its time for a clean break from his X-Verse.

The MCU was already going to see some big changes as it moves into Phase Four, there isn't a more perfect time for them to start introducing their version of the X-Men.  It's not hard to imagine a scenario where the Infinity Gauntlet plays a role in adding mutants into the MCU.    Or if they really want to avoid being creative, its not too much of stretch to say that they've been in hiding.

They will revive the Fantastic Four, and they'll make it work, to boot.  They get criticized about having poor villains, you don't think they would love to start using Dr. Doom as a major villain?  

If they’re brought into the proper MCU, they need a fully clean slate, just like Spidey got. Recasting so soon would be a lot better than risking any audience confusion over previous contradictory X-Men continuity being acknowledged as canon.

Besides, even if this happens, we wouldn’t see any X-characters pop up until around Avengers 4, which is still a couple years off at least.

10 hours ago, Josh McClane said:

If they’re brought into the proper MCU, they need a fully clean slate, just like Spidey got. Recasting so soon would be a lot better than risking any audience confusion over previous contradictory X-Men continuity being acknowledged as canon.

Besides, even if this happens, we wouldn’t see any X-characters pop up until around Avengers 4, which is still a couple years off at least.

They’re shooting Avengers 4 right now, for release in 2019. Bar a post-credits scene, I think it’s safe to say we won’t get the X-Men or Fantastic 4 in that movie.

6 hours ago, tristy said:

They’re shooting Avengers 4 right now, for release in 2019. Bar a post-credits scene, I think it’s safe to say we won’t get the X-Men or Fantastic 4 in that movie.

That's still plenty of time for reshoots. Not that I think it's very likely but if that is a thing they want to implement there is still time to do it.

Edited by livid

The deal won't even be 100% finalized until mid/late 2018. Iger isn't retiring until sometime after 2019 now because of all this. You won't see a hint of any of this until at least after Avengers 4. I'm personally saying 2020 or later.

15 hours ago, Tigerstyle said:

Problem with all of the wishlisting is, Fox being willing to stop what they're doing with the property for a few years, sure do the Deadpool thing, but they'd need to allow the MCU to reboot the rest of the X universe to work in tandem with the MCU.

Cant see Fox willing to do that

Can't see Fox willing to do what?  They aren't going to have any say whatsoever over what happens if they make this deal.

They're selling their film and television divisions to Disney wholesale.  Rights to X-Men and Fantastic Four are just part of the very large package.  Fox is getting out of that side of the entertainment business, planning to instead focus on news and sports.

Once its done, Fox has no say in anything Disney chooses to do with the newly acquired properties.  This isn't a Sony/Disney deal where they work together on Spider-Man.  This is a Disney/Star Wars deal where they get full control of the property.

• 1 month later...

First images of Brie Larson as Captain Marvel in uniform

larson01.jpg

larson02.jpg

larson03.jpg

larson04.jpg

larson05.jpg

larson06.jpg

larson07.jpg

• Like 1