Taskmaster

K

20 hours ago, Mx. Canadian Destroyer said:

I still want to run a Taskmaster season in The Cube. 

If someone wants to the Greg to my Alex, let me know.

Only if you promise to wake me up with a million little kisses. Now, cancel your plans and set me up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, K said:

great episode. was in actual tears laughing again

Same. These have been some amazing episodes so far, strongest start of any series and this is the group of people that I personally knew the least about going in.

To be fair, I've watched IT Crowd a million times but I didn't recognize Katherine at first. Every other season has had someone I've seen on other panel shows or in a Big Fat Quiz, etc.

• Lineker changed the title to Taskmaster
25 minutes ago, apsham said:

Same. These have been some amazing episodes so far, strongest start of any series and this is the group of people that I personally knew the least about going in.

To be fair, I've watched IT Crowd a million times but I didn't recognize Katherine at first. Every other season has had someone I've seen on other panel shows or in a Big Fat Quiz, etc.

Richard Herring is a sort of comedy legend to be honest, has an insanely loyal fan base, but flies a little bit under the radar and doesn't do much television stand-up. He has a long running live podcast called Richard Herring's Leicester Square Theatre Podcast, you can subscribe to the audio feed, but I would recommend searching YouTube for RHLSTP and you can see all the video ones. He's interviewed basically everyone in comedy, and more. Here's the Alex Horne one for example:

He also wrote the sitcom that I would say launched Al Murray into the public conscience, Time Gentleman Please. Al Murray has been uploading it to YouTube, and you can watch it there. It's a bit dated, but holds good memories for me. 

Daisy May Cooper is basically only known for one thing at the moment, and that's her very funny mockumentary, 'This Country'. IT's won a lot of awards.

Marwan Rizwan I feel is very new to comedy, he started as a YouTuber, which makes me feel very old. I think this is his most famous bit:

I dont know how to explain Johnny Vegas to you. He does a LOT of panel shows, like QI, Never Mind the Buzzcocks, 8 out of 10 Cats does Countdown, that sort of thing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Keith!

I might have seen Vegas on these shows now that I think of it yeah, he looks so much different now with the beard I guess I never put two and two together but then again, a lot of shows that these are from I've yet to get very far with full episodes and I usually just caught on YouTube with clips that kind of just connect to each other with the same kinds of people due to YouTube recommendations.

So have only the first 2 episodes aired, or 3? I figured out that the YouTube episodes actually are viewable in the U.S., just for a limited time, so we just watched the second and will try to keep up from there.

Johnny Vegas in that team treasure hunt was wonderful.

6 minutes ago, Josh Mulaney said:

So have only the first 2 episodes aired, or 3? I figured out that the YouTube episodes actually are viewable in the U.S., just for a limited time, so we just watched the second and will try to keep up from there.

Johnny Vegas in that team treasure hunt was wonderful.

just two so far. next one is on thursday.

• Like 1