Taskmaster

K

Six is the weakest. It suffered from having too many people in the bad/doesn't care role. Alice, Lisa, and Asim were all not really trying, and Tim took the 'clueless and ditzy' job.

I feel like you need a lot of different kinds of personalities to make it work, and you want most of the people to actually want to win.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, K said:

Six is the weakest. It suffered from having too many people in the bad/doesn't care role. Alice, Lisa, and Asim were all not really trying, and Tim took the 'clueless and ditzy' job.

I feel like you need a lot of different kinds of personalities to make it work, and you want most of the people to actually want to win.

Lisa is someone I find really endearing, but not particularly funny, so she doesn't add that much. I love Tim Vine, but he's completely the wrong kind of comedian for the show. Asim seems fun enough from the few episodes I've watched so far, but he doesn't have much in the way of standout moments, and Alice is really the "just there" contestant for that series. Bob Mortimer and Sally Phillips will also be a tough act to follow, but it's a massive step backwards.

And I really just can't stand Russell Howard. I just get the impression that underneath his whole act, he's a really nasty piece of work - I don't know if I can justify that, but he gives me that feeling. In the task where they have to get back to the Taskmaster house and kiss Greg's portrait, him calling his manager and asking them to call him an Uber just really irritated me.

• 2 weeks later...

Taskmaster one-off New Year special announced

Rylan Clark-Neill (X Factor, a lot of other things)

Shirley Ballas (Strictly judge)

John Hannah (Actor, part of a Touch of Cloth which is hilarious)

Nicola Coughlan (Derry Girls)

Krishnan Guru-Murthy (Channel 4 News)

At first I thought this was a new series group and was utterly baffled by most of the names.

On 06/11/2020 at 08:44, Josh Mulaney said:

The YouTube uploaded episodes are once again not playing in the US. :(

lemme know if you're still having problems watching em :(Y):

Johnny Vegas is such a treasure. Not super into this series so far (though I'm a few episodes behind), not sure if its just the strangeness of These Times but some of the tasks haven't seemed up to snuff. I do love the cast though so 🤷‍♀️

54 minutes ago, LittleDaniel said:

lemme know if you're still having problems watching em :(Y):

Johnny Vegas is such a treasure. Not super into this series so far (though I'm a few episodes behind), not sure if its just the strangeness of These Times but some of the tasks haven't seemed up to snuff. I do love the cast though so 🤷‍♀️

I’ve found my ways since then. After the first couple of weeks it became quite easy.

This last episode had one of the best live tasks in a while.

3 hours ago, Chris2K said:

Taskmaster one-off New Year special announced

Rylan Clark-Neill (X Factor, a lot of other things)

Shirley Ballas (Strictly judge)

John Hannah (Actor, part of a Touch of Cloth which is hilarious)

Nicola Coughlan (Derry Girls)

Krishnan Guru-Murthy (Channel 4 News)

At first I thought this was a new series group and was utterly baffled by most of the names.

Krishna GM was great on the Off Menu podcast. Derry Girls is wicked. John Hannah is a funny guy. Actually think this will be pretty good.

Just realised a lot of people probably haven't seen the Edinburgh taskmaster 'special'.

It got pulled from YouTube on copyright grounds, so it's here for now.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fq5QmKFa2suOHtMMNBt7QJ_JLO-Juk5J/view

• Like 1

I really did not like the acting task. I think it was one of the worst they've done.

I'm struggling a bit with this season - I'm not sure whether it's because of coronavirus, the fact I don't really enjoy a couple of the contestants or that a lot of the tasks are falling a bit flat, but I'm not excited to watch these in the way I have been excited to watch other seasons. Which is a shame because it started really strongly. 😕