Taskmaster

K

there was 100% something written on the back of the task

back.png

Edit: apparently they reveal the answer to this on the podcast if you listen to that. I haven't gotten around to it.

spoiler below

Spoiler

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thought the NYD special was better than the most recent season. Admittedly, it is probably easier to condense down the funny when you’ve only got one episode to fill, and it is probably easier to come up with one prize for the prize task rather than 10. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Cymbols said:

Thought the NYD special was better than the most recent season. Admittedly, it is probably easier to condense down the funny when you’ve only got one episode to fill, and it is probably easier to come up with one prize for the prize task rather than 10. 

I wouldn't mind more of these one-offs. I do think it worked very well because they sort of had to pick sets of tasks that would work for a one-off. In a full series, you can shove some weaker tasks. I also thought they cast pretty well. 

Like some others I've been just catching up on this, just finished season five before starting the low point season six.

I didn't think anything would be able to make me cry-laugh harder than "bubbly fuck", but then "Rosalinds a fucking nightmare" came out of nowhere.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 03/02/2021 at 20:30, GA! said:

I've started the New Zealand version (3 episodes in, I'm watching 1 a night over dinner). Good stuff so far, pleased they have their own unique tasks.

Just finished it. This was so much fun. For anyone who loves the UK version, most definitely check it out. Plus it proves you don't really need to know the contestants before they go on the show, because I would've been buggered for UK season 11. I hope they renew NZ for at least another series or two - I could get used to there always being a Taskmaster series on the go.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Going to be a good couple of weeks for shows returning as not only do we have Taskmaster but Stand Up 2 Cancer bake off is back on with some really good comedians and personalities. I've seen John Bishop, David Baddiel, Dizzee-Rascal, KSI, Kelly Holmes, Tom Allen, James McAvoy, Katherine Ryan, Daisy Ridley (good fun on My Dad Wrote A...) and Rob Beckett all listed. The one I'm looking forward to is Reece Shearsmith, who would just be exceptional on Taskmaster.

Edited by Charlie Tango

• 2 weeks later...