Taskmaster

K

I didn't care for the acting task either. The actual editing of it was superb, but hearing the same thing three times was a chore and Katherine's refusal to take part didn't help matters.

There's a bit of discussion about it on the podcast between Ed Gamble and Richard Osman where Ed believes that if you sign up for the show then you have a duty to take part in every task regardless of other projects, whilst Richard defends her (perhaps somewhat tongue-in-cheek) saying that learning lines for two things at once is very difficult. I kinda have to agree with Ed's take on it.

I'm enjoying the series, and I think they've done the best they can in the circumstances, particular where the team tasks have to be laid out completely differently due to the restrictions. What's baffling me the most is Greg's scoring, I don't think I've disagreed with him as much in any other series and he never seems to have much of an explanation for his out-of-left field scores.

3 hours ago, Chris2K said:

What's baffling me the most is Greg's scoring, I don't think I've disagreed with him as much in any other series and he never seems to have much of an explanation for his out-of-left field scores.

100% this.

I LOVE Taskmaster. If ever I need something to be on in the background while working from home or while having dinner, that's my go-to. There are very few bad shows, except possibly the series with Iain Sterling on but even that had Paul Sinha and whatsherface from Car Share... swings and roundabouts.

I get the impression that the tasks are chosen to be aired in a specific order and they're much more aware of the scoring now compared to previous series. I think they were bitten in the Liza Tarbuck series when she entered the last episode so far in front that realistically nobody could catch her and she ended up given one point for the prize task seemingly for no reason as an attempt at a balance.

this series has been fine - Johnny Vegas carries a lot of it for me, because it's pretty much guaranteed brilliance with him. I've still not warmed to Daisy May Cooper, though - I just don't find her particularly funny, so how she performs at tasks is almost immaterial. Mawaan has been delightful, though. I am slightly disappointed by Richard Herring - I'm a huge fan of his, and he hasn't delivered at quite the level I was hoping from him, but he was great fun in the acting task. Katherine is just sort of "there" a lot of the time - never egregiously bad, but never the stand-out of either show.

There's been series I've preferred, but I definitely prefer this one to series 6 or 8 at the very least.

I watched episode one, it was really good.

All the reddit nerds that hate every series of UK taskmaster but inexplicably keep watching are saying NZ taskmaster is better this year. 

Not sure I'd go that far, but I did like it.

We watched episode 7 (only that and 8 were up on YouTube.) It’s honestly pretty good. The tasks they’ve devised are quality and I like at least 3 of the contestants. The assistant is clearly taking inspiration from Alex, yet he doesn’t feel like a poor mimic. The Taskmaster had his own energy but it works.

• Like 1

I only recognise Lee Mack so... yup. Thankfully I love Lee Mack and think this will suit him perfectly.

As for the series 10 finale:

Spoiler

Really thought Katherine was going to cry at the end of the final video task and it almost got me too. I do wonder if she took the criticism of her masks more to heart than she was showing.

I'm glad Richard won over Daisy, I started to go off Daisy towards the end with her frequent tantrums.

This was a very funny episode though, the breakdown of the karaoke performances had me in stitches.

So Charlotte Richie was in a Channel 4 sitcom called Fresh Meat (about university students) as a rich character that lies about her life experiences to fit in. It's something of a cult classic now with younger people. She's also been in Call the Midwife and another sitcom called Ghosts (both BBC shows) that's a great laugh with the crew from Horrible Histories.

As far as I'm aware, Mike Wozniak has been in Man Down, which is Greg Davies' sitcom on Channel 4.

But I knew about Jamali Maddix years ago when he won the Chortle Student Comedy Award. Since then he's been on a bunch of panel shows and does Frankie Boyle's New World Order.

I have not heard of Sarah Kendall.

Mack is brilliant in everything I've seen him in, he's been high on my list for ages.

Woziak is excellent in Man Down, which given it stars Greg will no doubt lead to an interesting dynamic.

Ritchie is good in Ghosts and Fresh Meat, keen to see how she does in something a bit different.

Never heard of the other two so one if them will provably be my sleeper hit favourite.

6 hours ago, Jerichristmas said:

Mack is brilliant in everything I've seen him in, he's been high on my list for ages.

Woziak is excellent in Man Down, which given it stars Greg will no doubt lead to an interesting dynamic.

Ritchie is good in Ghosts and Fresh Meat, keen to see how she does in something a bit different.

Never heard of the other two so one if them will provably be my sleeper hit favourite.

Jamali Maddix is a comedian who did a series called Hate Thy Neighbor, where he talked with members of hate groups, also he broke Bob Marley's toilet as a kid by literally falling on it (he tells the story on an episode of Alan Davies As Yet Untitled).

Sarah Kendall is an Australian comedian, tended to pop up on the occasional stand up show, don't think she's done much big yet.

They really saved some quality tasks for the final episode. Some wonderful disasters.

On 17/12/2020 at 19:53, Mx. Canadian Destroyer said:

I have only heard of Lee Mack and Jamili Maddix, but I am excited for both of them to be on. 

Very excited for Champions of Champions though.

Wait, did they confirm another Champion of Champions? I certainly had hoped for it.