Carabao Cup 2019/20

DavidMarrio

3 minutes ago, TCO said:

Kelleher hasn't really shown anything but shakiness in any game I've seen him play in. 

Bazunu will have to be the great hope!

Betraying a fellow Corkman!

5 minutes ago, TCO said:

Kelleher hasn't really shown anything but shakiness in any game I've seen him play in. 

Bazunu will have to be the great hope!

Yeh but the lads a Champions League winner

6 minutes ago, TCO said:

Hourihane put one past him tonight, Cork on Cork violence!

It's like Béal na nBláth all over again!

The inexperience is showing really. Sloppy defending and poor final balls and weak finishes. Elliot is doing brilliantly though

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Hobo said:

Really unlucky for the u23s. They've played really well.

The stats look like something off a game of FM

Fair play to the young Liverpool side. Not sure what people complaining (obviously not on here, we're not numpties) think Klopp or the club could have done differently, the scheduling of the Club World Cup is always problematic and he had to take his first team to that tournament, it's one they should win. Plus it shows how ready for senior elite football some of these youngsters are. Herbie Kane is getting mixed reviews from Liverpool fans on Twitter it seems, so I'll be the first to say we will happily take him back off your hands because he was immense for us last season.

As for the devaluation of the Carabao Cup itself...to be honest I've been saying for a few years that they should either scrap it or take the Premier League teams out of it. I'm sure there'll be more talk of it tomorrow when United and City field second-string sides and thrash their respective lower league opponents. I'd personally be in favour of making this competition for the 72 EFL teams only, gives Championship sides a realistic trophy to chase. Then you can revert the EFL Trophy to a tournament just for Leagues One and Two, throwing in some National League teams like they did in the 2000s.

Along with most of the forwards Herbie Kane has played well but just his finishing has let him down

They've deserved a goal. Villa haven't been much better than them.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Adam said:

Fair play to the young Liverpool side. Not sure what people complaining (obviously not on here, we're not numpties) think Klopp or the club could have done differently, the scheduling of the Club World Cup is always problematic and he had to take his first team to that tournament, it's one they should win. Plus it shows how ready for senior elite football some of these youngsters are. Herbie Kane is getting mixed reviews from Liverpool fans on Twitter it seems, so I'll be the first to say we will happily take him back off your hands because he was immense for us last season.

As for the devaluation of the Carabao Cup itself...to be honest I've been saying for a few years that they should either scrap it or take the Premier League teams out of it. I'm sure there'll be more talk of it tomorrow when United and City field second-string sides and thrash their respective lower league opponents. I'd personally be in favour of making this competition for the 72 EFL teams only, gives Championship sides a realistic trophy to chase. Then you can revert the EFL Trophy to a tournament just for Leagues One and Two, throwing in some National League teams like they did in the 2000s.

He's been one of the best players for us tonight. Can spread the play and looks like a threat from midfield. 

These players have played well and kept going despite being behind. While I think Villa deserve the win, it's not a 5 goal scoreline

• Like 1

@Adam just saw a stat, Kane was the most experienced member of our team with 50 senior appearances, 49 came playing for for you lot last season