Sky Bet EFL 2019/20

Adam

I'm pretty hopeful for this season having watched last night. We didn't really get out of third gear, yet never looked in a lot of trouble. I know Huddersfield aren't great, but that is the type of match we would normally lose.

Cav's goal was great, especially considering he had had a really bad first half.

1 hour ago, Colly said:

@MDK Are the Leyton Orios likely to score? Football is pretty depressing this Saturday so a small win based on you picking them for 16 would be nice...

After some careful research I can say no.

Without informing us or the EFL, Bolton decided to cancel our game with them tomorrow at one day's notice citing the fact their young players have played too much football recently. Whilst I understand their plight, how is that fair? If they hadn't been thrashed by Tranmere at the weekend I don't think they'd be doing this. Apparently they asked for that to be postponed and were refused, so this time they just haven't bothered asking. Which is a massive breach of regulations.

A total mess, and it is fans out of pocket once again. The EFL need to be firmer with both Bolton and Bury now I feel, the longer all of this drags on, the more it makes the league an unfair playing field and leads to short-notice issues that affect thousands of people.

4 hours ago, Adam said:

Without informing us or the EFL, Bolton decided to cancel our game with them tomorrow at one day's notice citing the fact their young players have played too much football recently. Whilst I understand their plight, how is that fair? If they hadn't been thrashed by Tranmere at the weekend I don't think they'd be doing this. Apparently they asked for that to be postponed and were refused, so this time they just haven't bothered asking. Which is a massive breach of regulations.

A total mess, and it is fans out of pocket once again. The EFL need to be firmer with both Bolton and Bury now I feel, the longer all of this drags on, the more it makes the league an unfair playing field and leads to short-notice issues that affect thousands of people.

Hopefully it'll end up being a 3-0 walk over win for you and a three point deduction for them since they are refusing to fulfil a fixture. That's what Middlesbrough got when they did it in the 90s didn't they?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49405363

Leyton Orient kit man saves dog on way to Mansfield match

They say every dog has its day, and some quick thinking from the Leyton Orient kit man ensured canine Pavo would live to fight another day.

The League Two side's team coach was travelling to Mansfield for Tuesday's game, on a slip road joining the A12, when Ada Martin spotted a dog racing across the busy road.

Pavo darted in front of a truck - which thankfully came to a halt - allowing the O's kit man to run out, call to his furry friend and pick him up, with "tail wagging".

A call to the number on Pavo's collar found his family, with an Orient fan looking after it at a nearby hotel until dog could be reunited with owner.

Martin, a former club groundsman and mascot, will be hoping Pavo is Orient's new lucky charm as Ross Embleton's side look for a first away win of the season at Field Mill.

Too many G O O D B O Y E S in this story. Is the dog the good boy? The kitman? Maguire-Drew for popping up in the last minute and banging in a winner after we were 2-0 down at half time?

Truly the best club.

• Like 4