Sky Bet EFL 2019/20

Adam

It makes me worry for the future. A lot of Premier League clubs would probably like to turn the lower leagues into playgrounds for their youth teams, and I hope this isn't the first big milestone in the gradual disintegration of the English football pyramid.

• Admin
10 minutes ago, Baddar said:

Sky apparently have a countdown clock for the fate of Bury and Bolton... 🙄

Like I said in the WhatsApp - classless.

Bury MP James Frith described the collapse of the C&N Sporting Risk takeover as "disgusting".

Frith said on BBC 5 Live: "What a disgusting moment in time that this sort of financial mismanagement, this financial speculation has prevented every single bit of good intention on a takeover that was fully capable and fully able to provide an immediate and sustainable future for Bury football club.

"This is a studs up sliding tackle on due process. It is disgusting and it needs red-carding for good."

Just think if good local boys like the Nevilles had saved their boyhood club rather than bribing the league into ignoring the rules to let Salford in. Gutting to see some old clubs facing this in this day and age. Fond memories of Bury from an old Football Director game my dad and I played (after the 4 hour loading time... RIP C64) as a kid. The morbid shithousery of Sky Sports News has just made it feel all bitter.

1 hour ago, Baddar said:

Sky apparently have a countdown clock for the fate of Bury and Bolton... 🙄

What do you expect for a cunty company owned by a cunt 

The EFL need to take some responsibility for what has happened. Clubs shouldn't be allowed to be taken over by people who clearly don't have the best interests or the actual finances to run football teams. The communities of both teams are the ones who lose out and for a lot of places, football clubs are a big embodiment and source of escapism and even employment for places. 

Theres been far too many cases recently involving clubs being ran into the ground and now the football league are losing  two historically significant teams. 

Fucking farce

• Like 3

What I like about football is that each club has its own identity, its own heroes and its own atmosphere. People like Don Masson, James Coppinger and Laurie Cunningham may not mean much in the mainstream, but they're heroes among their respective clubs and will have stories passed down the generations about them. Each stadium has its own distinctive feel that makes it seem like home to its club's supporters, even if it might appear to be a dumping ground to others.

With Bury, and possible Bolton, that's a small piece of football heritage lost. While it isn't the same thing, I hope a phoenix club manages to make its mark and keep the fans together.

• Like 1

Shit, IF Bolton had to go we'd lose two of the founding league clubs in a few months :( County relegated due to the aforementioned shenanigans and this. This is really depressing and fucking horrible. Add in family clubs Stevenage and Southend being shit and I might just pretend the EFL doesn't exist for a while...

2 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

What I like about football is that each club has its own identity, its own heroes and its own atmosphere. People like Don Masson, James Coppinger and Laurie Cunningham may not mean much in the mainstream, but they're heroes among their respective clubs and will have stories passed down the generations about them. Each stadium has its own distinctive feel that makes it seem like home to its club's supporters, even if it might appear to be a dumping ground to others.

With Bury, and possible Bolton, that's a small piece of football heritage lost. While it isn't the same thing, I hope a phoenix club manages to make its mark and keep the fans together.

This is so spot on. Nothing like football or the connection to our own team. For fans of Bury and/or Bolton to lose that is dreadful.

• Admin
1 hour ago, GA! said:

Fuck the EFL. Quite simply. No fucking excuse for letting founding members or as near as needlessly go out of business while doing all they can to let Championship Manager saves into the league.

Great thread from the chairman of Accrington: 

Bury captain Neil Danns delivered a strong message to owner Steve Dale yesterday:

“I would say look what you’ve done. This should never have happened. If you thought you could not move this club forward in a positive way you should never have taken over because you’ve literally destroyed lives, because that’s what this football club meant to so many fans. When you see the devastation of the fans I just think I have to say something. It’s unbelievable. I still can’t believe it. We have been in as normal, training. I don’t think anyone really believed that this was going to happen. We were just preparing every single week as though the next game was going to be on, the next game was going to be on. For it to happen so suddenly, it’s still really unbelievable. For a club with so much history and that has added so much to the league, for it to just be gone like that is just unimaginable.

I’ve come to have a special bond with the fans and created some amazing memories, especially last year. At this moment in time I just feel for them the most because you have got people who have been going to the game for years. It’s like every story, you go to the game with your Grandad, your Mum, your Dad, your brothers, it’s such a community. It means so much to people. For me, it’s starting to hit me harder because I have got young sons myself. I know what it is like to take them to watch my boyhood team Liverpool and the bond that gives us. To see that taken away from future fans is just devastating. Football brings not just football on the pitch but it is so much more than that. This whole situation just does not feel real.”

Meanwhile: 

Just seen a very emotional Phil Neville talking about this massive part of his families life and history being taken from them. Fuck you, you sleazy Campbell. It's pieces of shit like you getting involved in vanity projects and using your money to bribe your way in that is part of why this has happened. These problems don't happen overnight, perhaps if you'd thought of investing in the club that you owe your family for and has been a huge part of your families life rather than convincing the EFL to ignore all the rules because you and your mates are rich and famous this wouldn't have happened.

Fucking Campbell. My dad was talking last night about six year old me losing a shoe in Roots Hall car park when I was six after seeing Southend and Bolton play to a shitty 1-1 draw in horrendous conditions. These clubs mean the world to people and it could easily have been/still be these clubs. Fuck off with your "oh it's really sad" bullshit. 

• Like 1