Sign in to follow this  
Mattman

Sony Megathread

Meacon    22,903
7 minutes ago, Ms. Christmas Drag said:

I bought Red Dead for my brother's Christmas present. It has just been sitting on my counter. The urge to open it up and play has been incredibly tempting.

Do it and buy your brother socks.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Maxx    17,522
On 18/12/2018 at 12:06, Maxx said:

Spidey is on sale again so I used some gift cards and finally picked it up.  Excited to play it, especially after seeing Into the Spider-Verse.

But oh wow, the Raimi costume shit has got to be one of the dumbest things I've seen related to video games in a while.   Found this gem in a discussion about it

"I won't play this very good game because I can't dress up the character like I want, I submit this as evidence that I am adult"

Whiny manchildren have been appeased, the suit has been added, free for everyone who has the game.

“Dude I literally broke down in the gym crying,” wrote one fan in response. “This means a lot to me, thank you.”

Re-evaluate your life

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Kaney    9,133

I really like the suit, and I love the game, but I really wish they didn't release it after the horrible whining and sense of entitlement from some of those people. Regardless of whether it was always scheduled to be in the game or not, those whiny fuckers are going to believe it's because of them, and it's a horrific lesson to let people learn.

• Like 4

OctoberRaven    5,183

You kids and your Spiderman games where you can petition your way to free DLC. In my day we had Bruce Campbell saying "Something Different" and we had to earn that shit and we liked it that way.

• Like 2

JeReindeer    5,000

Stories: The Path of Destinies is actually really fun, was a free game a few months ago. Nice easy gameplay, good humour, quite literal replayability. Gold trophies are a bit of a grind but they're easy enough.

Bobfoc    4,384

There's a big January sale on PSN right now, presumably because Sony doesn't know how calendars work.

Baddar    108,666

Seems like it's mostly the same stuff they had for sale during Black Friday.

One thing that did catch my eye though was the new Sims 4 Seasons DLC is half price. Was planning on paying 33 quid for that for my missus for Xmas so that'll do nicely. Glad I waited now.

Bobfoc    4,384
4 hours ago, Rocky da RedNosed Reindeer said:

Bought Rocket League at half price. I now have no reason to open steam. 

But what about trading cards?

Rocky 2K19    2,523
9 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

But what about trading cards?

I’ve not done them since the summer sale. I have got my usual levels for the sale badges but that’s it. I might just do them occasionally. Clean them out

Jake O. Rhodes    594

Will God of War still be good for someone who's only played the third game in the series and wasn't keen on it?

Bobfoc    4,384

I haven't played it, but I understand it's quite different from the others, both in terms of tone and gameplay variety.

JeReindeer    5,000

Should I play the new God of War or GOW3 first? I've got both of them unplayed but don't want to play the new one yet if it'll ruin the experience of the other one.

Liam    5,332
4 hours ago, Jake O. Rhodes said:

Will God of War still be good for someone who's only played the third game in the series and wasn't keen on it?

It is somewhat of a re-set. Different style and mythology.

3 hours ago, JeReindeer said:

Should I play the new God of War or GOW3 first? I've got both of them unplayed but don't want to play the new one yet if it'll ruin the experience of the other one.

They are quite different stylistically, and very good in their own ways.

Jake O. Rhodes    594
47 minutes ago, Liam said:

It is somewhat of a re-set. Different style and mythology.

They are quite different stylistically, and very good in their own ways.

I went ahead and bought it. Only played it for half an hour or so but I'm enjoying it so far.

Paton    563

The girlfriend got me a PS4 for Christmas with Spyro and WWE 2K19, any recommendations? I want to get her playing, so I’m thinking Last Of Us is a good game, any other choices? She’s not really a gamer, and prefers story-heavy games. 

9 to 5    12,759
5 hours ago, JeReindeer said:

Helldivers.

• Like 1

Rocky 2K19    2,523
2 hours ago, Paton said:

The girlfriend got me a PS4 for Christmas with Spyro and WWE 2K19, any recommendations? I want to get her playing, so I’m thinking Last Of Us is a good game, any other choices? She’s not really a gamer, and prefers story-heavy games. 

Red dead 😏

Paton    563
1 hour ago, Rocky da RedNosed Reindeer said:

Red dead 😏

Shrinking horse testicles? That still a thing?

Rocky 2K19    2,523
39 minutes ago, Paton said:

Probably. Mine are all female horses though. The shrinkiest of balls.

39 minutes ago, Paton said:

Probably. Mine are all female horses though. The shrinkiest of balls.